Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yeah but come on, after 2 years no real progress? It's time to try something else and I don't think more calories is it.

I do agree to throw out the scale. Also, pick up some weight and do some sprints. Building muscle and sprinting adds more mitochondria to your cells which will help you burn more calories when at rest.
    I missed the part about her gaining 4 pounds in two years. Is that actually right OP? You have been low carbing for 2 years and have a net gain of 4 lbs OR is it that you have been low carbing for 2 years period. The 4 pounds is a more recent phenomenon? That would tend to make a difference. Then we come back to the whole "what is low carb" thing. Is she ketogening, or primal carb levels.

If she's keto low carb then my advice is to go Primal with your levels 50-150 from fruit, vegetables, squash, and maybe some tubers. With reintroduction I would start with the fruit and some squash. Maybe 2-3 pieces/portions a day.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-01-2013, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I recommend you do the opposite. 250-300g of carbs from fruit, sugar, some starch(if you want, I don't recommend it) keep fat low, up protein. Most VLC dieters shoot way too low in protein because the fat takes up all calorie space.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        I recommend you do the opposite. 250-300g of carbs from fruit, sugar, some starch(if you want, I don't recommend it) keep fat low, up protein. Most VLC dieters shoot way too low in protein because the fat takes up all calorie space.
        How? Unless they're eating pure fats, they're eating meats, organs, eggs, and a couple crucifers and brassicas. If anything, we go overboard on the protein.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          How? Unless they're eating pure fats, they're eating meats, organs, eggs, and a couple crucifers and brassicas. If anything, we go overboard on the protein.
          Most do eat pure fat. Coconut oil, butter, lard, bacon grease, evoo. Plus fatty cuts, cheese, egg yolks, bacon bacon bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            women, especially those at 5'0 have a lot lower of a threshold than a man -- so, if they plan on getting any substantial fat for "fuel", protein is usually too low. I think 80g is as low as anyone should have.
            Make America Great Again

Comment

I don't see any need to paint yourself into a corner as LC,VLC or HC. If you don't feel great, you should definitely change things up. Not that anyone really knows exactly what our ancestors ate year round, if you open your eyes, humans living in non-tropical areas would have probably consumed a seasonal diet. IMO the chances that anyone is going to thrive for ever at a static Carb level is very low. It seems that every time someone makes a change in carb level, either up or down, they boast a sense of well being and improved energy. From experience when modifying carb level, make the change over a few weeks. Add new foods back slowly, otherwise you might not feel good.
              Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Comment

Working...
              X