Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Primal is my shopping cart?

Just looking for some feedback on how primal my food choices are. I think I do 80/20 but want to know what others think. This is a list of what I bought:

First I'm listing foods I bought to make a special Mexican food meal for my hubby (which of course I will eat too) but that are not typical food I buy regularly.

Beer
    Pinto beans
    Enchilada sauce

And also a special request:

Bacon
    Turkey bacon (no weird stuff)

And a treat for my kids:

Peach butter (peaches and sugar only) (will probably top banana egg pancakes with that)

Then my usual necessities:

Rice
    Coffee
    Avocado
    Garlic
    Cilantro
    Dried chilis and chili powder
    Clementines
    Apples
    Ginger
    Green onion
    Tomato
    Jalapeño
    Limes
    Mangos
    Yams
    Swiss cheese
    Cheddar cheese
    Cottage cheese
    Eggs
    Milk
    Orange juice

We do eat grassfed beef on occasion but that comes from the ranch store, and we also eat seafood but I'm well stocked on that ATM so we do have more protein than what I have in the basket. Anyways, this is pretty much what my family will eat for the next few days.

How primal is it? As a percentage or what have you.

cilantro?

i'm disgusted and ashamed
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

What's in the cans???
      read their label, I'm pretty sure there are quite a bit of conservatives in that. I would try to avoid foods that can be kept for a long time if it's not naturally cured.
      My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Canned conservatives - if only that were possible.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

If you go by 80/20 as prescribed by Mark, then your cart is 100% Primal.
          | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Moluv, why "ULTRA"-pasteurized milk ? Can't you find UNpasteurized ?

Comment

Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
              What's in the cans???
              read their label, I'm pretty sure there are quite a bit of conservatives in that. I would try to avoid foods that can be kept for a long time if it's not naturally cured.
              The cans are beans and enchilada sauce, which as I mentioned are not staple foods but things I picked up for a last minute Mexican meal. No preservatives, though possibly bpa in the can liners. Normally we soak our own beans and make homemade enchilada sauce (still using canned tomatoes) but even some canned food here and there does not concern me in the least.

Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
              Moluv, why "ULTRA"-pasteurized milk ? Can't you find UNpasteurized ?
              Ugh, I know. I cringe every time I buy this stuff. That was the best I could get from the store that is closest to my house (and we live in the country so it's not even that close at all). Don't even get me started on the "cage free" eggs! I do have own a share of a herd of cows which allows me to buy raw milk- but it's difficult to coordinate the purchase as the farmer only comes to town once a week and I often can't make it due to schedule conflicts so I've sort of given up. There is a health food store across town where I can pay $8 for a half gallon of vat pasteurized, non homogenized milk but I'm not willing to do that all the time either. We don't react to the ultra pasteurized in any way I can tell, so for now, we drink it. Thanks for calling me out though, it makes me want to make another effort at getting on the schedule to pick up raw milk.

Comment

Moluv,
                No prob, you buy what you can. I also have to compromise with that myself. But what striked me is the word ULTRA, as if it was a EXTRA-GOOD thing. Weird ...

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
                  Moluv,
                  No prob, you buy what you can. I also have to compromise with that myself. But what striked me is the word ULTRA, as if it was a EXTRA-GOOD thing. Weird ...
                  No, it's ULTRA as in ultra high temps. This stuff doesn't spoil for months

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    cilantro?

i'm disgusted and ashamed
                    Hahaha, I'm one of those people who hates cilantro

Comment

Working...
                    X