Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Dark chocolate is almost all saturated fat with hardly any polyunsaturated fat to speak of. There is actually some protein in it - 13g in a 100g serving, which is significant. It is also extremely high in minerals. It is shockingly high in copper, magnesium, iron, zinc and manganese. 100g of dark chocolate is only 500 calories, which is a pretty typical breakfast/lunch for a female, so it's in line with where your kcals should be if you eat around a ~1,000-1,200 kcal dinner.
    This is what I tell people. But do they believe me? No :'(

Chocolate is like salad to people who hate green things. And salad.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

I have seen that cocoa butter at the health food store. I wasn't sure if it was food or for making your own beauty products. Does it taste like chocolate? I once had a white chocolate bar that tasted like chocolate, not like typical white chocolate which tastes more like nothing.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
        I have seen that cocoa butter at the health food store. I wasn't sure if it was food or for making your own beauty products. Does it taste like chocolate? I once had a white chocolate bar that tasted like chocolate, not like typical white chocolate which tastes more like nothing.
        I think, like coconut oil, there is food-grade & "topical use oil". I think the refining processes may differ that make it officially different, but technically, the same. Myself, I would probably just stick to those labelled as safe to consumption to be sure.
        Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          I would say the smell is more chocolatey than the taste. It does a really nice job of mellowing the bitterness of dark chocolate. I agree with the poster above me -- just make sure it's 100%, food-grade cocoa butter before you try eating it. This is the brand I use: Cocoa Butter - 4 oz.

Comment

To my understanding, cacao (unfermented, IDK about fermented) contains a high amount of phytic acid, which could potentially be preventing you from absorbing some nutrients. Mark Sisson also wrote a post on chocolate describing the apparent insulinogenic effect of chocolate regardless of the low carbs. If your of a good body comp though, I wouldn't worry.. Sounds pretty awesome actually.

Comment

What do you drink with your habbit??
              I would like to know...

Comment

Would Grok have eaaten that? Even if this knd of chocolate is allowed....baahhh...cannot imagine that this portion is recommended anywhere?!
                Where's the enjoyment?

Comment

Just saying:

Jeanne Calment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Calment ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for her age to a diet rich in olive oil,[4] and rubbed onto her skin, as well as a diet of port wine, and ate nearly one kilogram (2.2 lb) of chocolate every week. Calment reportedly remained mentally intact until her very end.[4]"

Seems you could be in good company

And just for giggles since I like to find science articles:

I assume "healthy persons" is a good way to define you so the title of the abstract states this is relevant..."Short-term administration of dark chocolate is followed by a significant increase in insulin sensitivity and a decrease in blood pressure in healthy persons."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15755830
                  Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-05-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

100g bar of 100% cacao , how much is that costing u a day?

From London England UK

Comment

This is inspirational stuff

Bee healthy? Eat moar choclit!!!

Totally happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X