Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I often try to substitute as much of a dinner as I can with a 2 cup of jello, either commercial or home made with lemon/lime juice and stevia. Commercial jello is 10 calories per 2 cups, home-made is about 40, I think (1 pkg of gelatin + 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice). I don't want to fast in the mornings, I rather aim to skip dinners because it doesn't impact productivity and seem to help with fat loss more. I know, it's CW, but I find that CW is not that far off for me unless I go ridiculously low on fat.
    Last edited by Leida; 10-15-2013, 12:10 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
      I experimented with the Warrior routine when I started with IF years ago. I found that it was inconvenient and sometimes difficult to get the nutrition that I need daily in one large meal. Two meals in a window like the Lean Gains approach, on the other hand, works out great for me. In either case though when you get used to one or two meals it should become a normal and effortless part of your day. If you're needing diet jello and diet cola to get through your day as a crutch then probably IF isn't your thing right now. I think you'd be better off with three daily meals that contain actual ingredients that are food.
      When I saw the routine, I just pictured a bunch of people gathering around a fire and feasting while shooting the breeze. It's technically one "meal", but that meal also ends up taking a couple of hours, so you're essentially grazing through a period of about 4 hours. Last I saw, the overfeeding window was 4 hours, anyway.

Comment

Just because Aspartame hasn't killed you, it doesn't mean its doing you good.
        That modified E-coli poop will be ruining your taste buds and won't help your process down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
          Just because Aspartame hasn't killed you, it doesn't mean its doing you good.
          That modified E-coli poop will be ruining your taste buds and won't help your process down the line.
          Says whom? I have not noticed any bad effects after almost 40 years of using "artificial sweeteners", maybe they may be good for us instead...
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Says whom? I have not noticed any bad effects after almost 40 years of using "artificial sweeteners", maybe they may be good for us instead...

Stand by you on this one no problems with artificial sweeteners!
            But i have another question, in this country i can eather buy jello-o or agar-agar. The same stuff but agar is based on seaweed.
            What is better to use......

thanx

Comment

VLC diet with lots of man-made artificial sweeteners... hmmmm does not sound wise or healthy.
              -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
                VLC diet with lots of man-made artificial sweeteners... hmmmm does not sound wise or healthy.
                Hi ryamercer,

I 'am not doing VLC. But my weakness is gum with xylitol and for sweetness I use stevia. Sometime I like to drink a coke or mix with coke. I count this as my 'bad' 20.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jojogoingprimal View Post
                  Hi ryamercer,

I 'am not doing VLC. But my weakness is gum with xylitol and for sweetness I use stevia. Sometime I like to drink a coke or mix with coke. I count this as my 'bad' 20.....
                  I saw something like 'fasting' on low calorie jello. That would be very low calorie diet. VLC. VLC does not = very low carb, it's been very low calorie in medical literature far longer.

Comment

I saw something like 'fasting' on low calorie jello. That would be very low calorie diet. VLC. VLC does not = very low carb, it's been very low calorie in medical literature far longer.
                    Oke, thanks
                    For me the jello or agar agar is more like a treat or convenient food. Easy to take with me.

Comment

Hmmm, after many years of abuse of artificial sweeteners I still feel very healthy, almost never sick, I recover well from workouts and my friends tell me that I look very healthy and younger than my age, so maybe I am completely rotten on the inside then, and that I will pay a high price for my ignorance eventually…
                      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                        Hmmm, after many years of abuse of artificial sweeteners I still feel very healthy, almost never sick, I recover well from workouts and my friends tell me that I look very healthy and younger than my age, so maybe I am completely rotten on the inside then, and that I will pay a high price for my ignorance eventually…
                        It may not be causing noticeable things in you, but your genetic material and thus any offspring of yours may have suffered consequences. There are several dyes banned from food useage in most countries due to genetic mutations they can cause, who knows what artificial sweeteners could be doing. They could be 100% fine, but meh.

Comment

your genetic material and thus any offspring of yours may have suffered consequences.
                          if I knew gorbag's kids in person, the first word i'd teach them would be "rippetoe"

Comment

It may not be causing noticeable things in you, but your genetic material and thus any offspring of yours may have suffered consequences. There are several dyes banned from food useage in most countries due to genetic mutations they can cause, who knows what artificial sweeteners could be doing. They could be 100% fine, but meh.
                            No sign of anything “bad” in my offspring that I can observe, au contraire my ten year old daughter just won an interprovincial school contest and my eight year old son got a diploma as the best in his class last year, and they are both above average physically and intellectually, so maybe artificial sweeteners can improve the human gene material since they are doing better than me at the same age? I can add that my kids have been drinking milk with artificial sweeteners instead of added sugar from the early age as well…

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                              if I knew gorbag's kids in person, the first word i'd teach them would be "rippetoe"
                              Yeah, that would be even worse that all the dirty words that my eight year old son already know…

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                                No sign of anything “bad” in my offspring that I can observe, au contraire my ten year old daughter just won an interprovincial school contest and my eight year old son got a diploma as the best in his class last year, and they are both above average physically and intellectually, so maybe artificial sweeteners can improve the human gene material since they are doing better than me at the same age? I can add that my kids have been drinking milk with artificial sweeteners instead of added sugar from the early age as well…
                                Good for your kids, genetic mutations can take generations ot start causing serious harm. What of your great great grandhildren, or their grandchildren. I worry about humanity, not myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X