X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorbag
    started a topic Fasting on Jell-O??!!

Fasting on Jell-O??!!

Well, technically it is not a pure fast since it have a few calories, but the last week I have experimented by eating a large bowl of blackberry low calorie Jell-O for my daily fasting period in the morning and early afternoon, and that even take away my sense of hunger when its finally time for breaking my fast at 2.30 PM! Yeah, I am still drinking Coke Zero, black coffee and tea as well. So, intermittent fasting using Jell-O could be an option if you want to replace the bullet-proof coffee or whatever else you are using when “fasting”! Maybe instead of “fasting” we could as Ori Hofmekler more accurately talk about a period of “under-eating”, so those days I am eating Jell-O in the under eating period of the day.

My daily Jell-O fasting/under-eating regimen contains 25 gram of pure gelatin, 9 gram of sugar (=2tsp), Aspartame and artificial flavors. So totally my large bowl of tasty Jell-O contains less than 150 calories and 0 gram fat!

So whenever I feel for it in the morning or early afternoon, I eat some delicious ruby red blackberry Jell-O and drink a large glass of Coke Zero or black coffee and that chases all the hunger demons back to the hot place where they came from!

So any thoughts or experience from the distinguished forum members by the use of low calorie Jell-O in the under eating period of intermittent fasting or warrior dieting?
    Last edited by Gorbag; 10-14-2013, 08:31 AM.

Guest replied
    OK for me..just thought of the pb aspect...but as I mentioned above, I stop the thinking and asking...pb is individual!

Leave a comment:

• Gorbag
    replied
    Originally posted by gergirl View Post
    Sorrysorrysorry...I have to ask...How can you eat such a crap??????????
    Why are artificial sweeteners and sth *peep* like Jello-o ok and soy, oats, legumes..are not??? Just because of the gelatine??
    I begin to see that I got the whole idea of pb wrong. I thought it to be without any artificial, processed food at all..
    really confused right now!
    Well, I am not trying to force feed anybody to eat artificial sweeteners or gelatin! I believe that I am doing OK on what I am doing now, remember that life is an experiment and finally we all dies… As I have already repeatedly said, I have used artificial sweeteners for almost 40 years, and I have also been eating gelatin for a while, and the last months I have been eating dietary gelatin only in the AM and early afternoon, so if I should die tomorrow by some reason that I have not calculated, then at least I felt good and enjoyed my Jell-o! I love sweet things, but I feel bad on ordinary sugar…

Leave a comment:

• Gorbag
    replied
    Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
    perhaps if artificial sweeteners act as preservatives, we'll be stuck with you on this forum for the next 100 years. lucky us. lol
    Only 99 years left to go, I’ll be there soon…

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
    gergirl, life is too short to worry. Paleo, especially paleo blueprint, is an industry first and foremost. Adhere to it or don't, buy the products or don't. It's a way some people choose to live, to varrying degrees as indiviudals. Don't overthink it.
    Yeeesss, I actually know that and you're damn right...but...well...the wine and water thing..., no...stop, will stop thinking and find my way through this.
    Like your statements btw

Leave a comment:

• ryanmercer
    replied
    gergirl, life is too short to worry. Paleo, especially paleo blueprint, is an industry first and foremost. Adhere to it or don't, buy the products or don't. It's a way some people choose to live, to varrying degrees as indiviudals. Don't overthink it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I see...but reading through the post here and in other threads, I'm getting more and more sceptic how consequent the pb people really are?! I'm reading about drinking beer regularly, eating jell-o, dark chocolate for breakfast...I really think that we all are different and have our 20% for whatever, but there seem to be a lot of loopholds and exceptions always have to be considered as the 20% and be justified. Why don't people just admit that even the 80% might be too hard and binges are slipping in? And they are seduced by the smell of fresh baked bread, apple pie, burgers...
    Who has got the time to do the long walks if one has to work, takes care of children etc.?! Why do some damn the wheat although there are good aspects about it? It seems to be so either or, where's the moderation? The ok, it's fine, do as much as you can?
    and some people even get agressive if I admit that I need more carbs than recommended here, even have them for dinner.
    The hardliners never fail? Never struggle? I doubt that!
    Actually I think that PB might really work for a lot of people, I'm still in the phase of figuring out. But what keeps me being sceptic about the whole thing is that there are many studies which "proof" that the opposite might be as good as pb or better for some. Knowing that this is a pb forum and I realy like the philosophy of working out in the sense of pb, when it comes to nutrition, I still cannot overcome my doubts...
    Basically pb is a diet in the real sense of this word, i.e. nothing but a way of eating that can lead to deficiencies like every other nutrtion excluding certain things.
    Last edited by gergirl; 12-05-2013, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• not on the rug
    replied
    Originally posted by gergirl View Post
    Why are artificial sweeteners and sth *peep* like Jello-o ok and soy, oats, legumes..are not??? Just because of the gelatine??
    I begin to see that I got the whole idea of pb wrong. I thought it to be without any artificial, processed food at all..
    I think the idea behind any paleo/primal way of eating is to eliminate processed foods., gluten containing grains, and veggie/seed oils. I also think people can eliminate certain things like dairy, oats and legumes, and then test to see how intolerant they are of them. mark sisson is not the supreme being that some people make him out to be. he's a smart guy. primal eating is his take on an ancestral diet. it's not perfect. nobody really knows what the perfect diet is.

all that being said...some people just consider that as their 20% (remember mark talks about 80/20) and they just live their lives. try not to paleo so hard...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• not on the rug
    replied
    Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
    The woman around my kids started putting sugar in the milk to make them drink more, but I instructed them to use artificial sweeteners instead...

I’ll bet that my probability to celebrate my 150th birthday is much better than all of you that have not implemented artificial sweeteners from a young age, but I’ll let you know if I should fail…
    weird. I mean, I've heard of people sweetening milk and what not, but never actually known anyone to do it. why not chocolate milk instead?

perhaps if artificial sweeteners act as preservatives, we'll be stuck with you on this forum for the next 100 years. lucky us. lol

Leave a comment:

• Gorbag
    replied
    since when does milk have any sweeteners in it at all?
    The woman around my kids started putting sugar in the milk to make them drink more, but I instructed them to use artificial sweeteners instead...

so far the only mutations we've observed in you are the inability to ignore topics with "rippetoe" or "starting strength" in the title and a serious propensity towards wearing awful shorts.
    I’ll bet that my probability to celebrate my 150th birthday is much better than all of you that have not implemented artificial sweeteners from a young age, but I’ll let you know if I should fail…

Leave a comment:

• not on the rug
    replied
    If you want to be 150 years of age you’ll better try something new, since meat and vegetables alone has not made anybody celebrate their 150 years birthday so far! Artificial sweeteners on the other hand have not been tried for longevity yet, so it must be tried out first…
    so far the only mutations we've observed in you are the inability to ignore topics with "rippetoe" or "starting strength" in the title and a serious propensity towards wearing awful shorts.

Leave a comment:

• not on the rug
    replied
    No sign of anything “bad” in my offspring that I can observe, au contraire my ten year old daughter just won an interprovincial school contest and my eight year old son got a diploma as the best in his class last year, and they are both above average physically and intellectually, so maybe artificial sweeteners can improve the human gene material since they are doing better than me at the same age? I can add that my kids have been drinking milk with artificial sweeteners instead of added sugar from the early age as well…
    since when does milk have any sweeteners in it at all?

Yeah, that would be even worse that all the dirty words that my eight year old son already know…
    haha!

Leave a comment:

• Gorbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Jojogoingprimal View Post
    I think you are totally right ryanmercer but some people just want to lose some weight and do not intend to become 150 years old
    If you want to be 150 years of age you’ll better try something new, since meat and vegetables alone has not made anybody celebrate their 150 years birthday so far! Artificial sweeteners on the other hand have not been tried for longevity yet, so it must be tried out first…

Leave a comment:

• Gorbag
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
    Good for your kids, genetic mutations can take generations ot start causing serious harm. What of your great great grandhildren, or their grandchildren. I worry about humanity, not myself.
    Genetic mutations is what IMPROVES humanity, the bad mutations dies off or does not produce offspring that can reproduce, you sound far too pessimistic ryanmercer! And if it should take two or three generations more to pop up some bad genes due to my abuse of artificial sweeteners, I seriously do not care much about it, humanity will not stick around for ever anyway…

Leave a comment:

Working...
X