Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well isn't that funny; I just started a thread a couple days ago with the exact same question also stemming from living in Korea. Verdict over in my thread was good, as it's mostly minerals and connective tissue you're after anyway, but I'll read these answers as well.

How are you liking Korea? I spent a week in Jeju and loved it, way cooler and more relaxed than the mainland.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
      I've been doing the last sentence of the above quote for the last 26 months in regards to eating grass-fed beef and pork as well as range free chickens and their eggs. After losing my husband several years ago I began life under the dictates of a "fixed income" and the budget just won't stretch to cover the kind of meat and eggs I suppose I should be eating. I've often felt, over this period of time, that since I couldn't "work the program" as prescribed I might be wasting my efforts. In that same time I've lost 133 lbs. and haven't been sick once and I work in the school library . . . kids. I understand we all respond to eating and what we eat, differently but sometimes I'd get the feeling that if I can't insert "grass fed or range free" into my post somewhere I'm not playing by the rules. Those feelings usually hit, I admit, when I was hungry, the scale hadn't moved for days, I was tired or the machanic just said I needed new tires. Doing the best I can with what I've been blessed with has to be ok too.
      FABULOUS! That is the spirit. I do the best I can too. I happened to find a great source of grass fed beef from a local farmer - not much more per lb than supermarket stuff, and she gives me free soup bones, as she says I am doing her a favor. Can you believe it? She gave me 50lbs of bones from her grass fed animals. I really felt blessed. I love making bone broth, and even if I don't turn it into soup, I will often heat up a cup and drop an egg or two in whole to poach - what a wonderful hearty lunch. It has really helped with some aches and pains in my joints.

Rosemary, You are not only workin' the program, you are rockin' it!

Comment

The bone broth trend is everywhere but first and for most, homemade bone broth is excellent speeding healing and recuperation. You should also be try bone broth soup its good for to health bones from your local health food store.

Comment

Agreed that some gelatin is better than none. I've ordered grassfed beef/other stuff from two different farms in my state and both had much lower/very affordable prices for bones than for the meat, so you should definitely look into that and buy them in bulk for cheap.

I've read that conventional chickens tend to have a lot of arsenic in their bones and it's one of the highest sources of dietary arsenic. I still use the bones to make broth, but just something to be aware of, if it's true.

Comment

Working...
          X