Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Himalayan crystal salt?

I just bought a big bag of Himalayan crystal salt from an organic food vendor at my local farmer's market. I've heard all about the amazing benefits of using pure Himalayan salt and decided to give it a try! Besides the obvious sprinkling it on food, what are your guys' favorite ways to use this unique salt?? I've heard putting some in water can help remineralize it, but what ratio of salt to water should I use? Any tips/ideas would be appreciated!

I just use it like I would regular table salt. I'm still using table salt for baking but for everday cooking it's great. And just a heads up, your not going to need to use as much as you would table salt. A little goes quite a long way.

Comment

Yeah, just eat it on food. Pickle something. Put it in bone broth. No need to get fancy. It doesn't have magic crystal powers, just magic salt powers.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

It is excellent for making sauerkraut - extra minerals ...

Comment

Nothing magic about it, it's salt, from Pakistan.
          -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Salt is salt. It does not contain super powers or special minerals.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
              Salt is salt. It does not contain super powers or special minerals.
              There are trace minerals in unprocessed salts, like Himalayan pink and Hawaiian black salts. Himalayan Pink salt is left from evaporated ocean water that was trapped above ground when the tectonic plate shift that created the Himalayas occurred. It's not "magic" in a "woo woo" sense, but it is indeed better for you than refined table salt.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Like Mahogany said it's much better than refined table salt!

I sprinkle a little with every meal now. Feel really good. I'm pretty active so I do eat quite a few starchy tubers. I can't get all that potassium and no sodium

Comment

I get the sea salt and how it is harvested. I just dont see a huge benefit.

Comment

It's salt, just use it like you would use salt. I can't speak for the micronutrient content in Himalaya salt, but I buy Celtic Sea Salt in bulk off Amazon. Traditionally made sea salt contains iodine which is vital for metabolic function. I just hope you didn't pay too much for the "marketing" aspect of it, that's the main reason I tend to avoid those "fancy" salts
                    My Blog

Food Photo Diary

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      There are trace minerals in unprocessed salts, like Himalayan pink and Hawaiian black salts. Himalayan Pink salt is left from evaporated ocean water that was trapped above ground when the tectonic plate shift that created the Himalayas occurred. It's not "magic" in a "woo woo" sense, but it is indeed better for you than refined table salt.
                      Don't argue with me young man.

Comment

Pink salt is pretty cool for making fancy looking Paleo Truffles. Now I have to figure out what to do with the other 15.9 ounces that came in the package. It also made my daughter happy to have fancy salt for her breakfast, so it was worth the few extra $$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by eats.meats.west View Post
                          Pink salt is pretty cool for making fancy looking Paleo Truffles.
                          Agreed, it is really beautiful, visually speaking...also it adds a nice crunch to whatever you're making. In all honesty, you are not eating salt for its mineral count; you are eating salt because it enhances flavor/texture to food. Use it as such.
                          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferbarclay View Post
                            I just bought a big bag of Himalayan crystal salt from an organic food vendor at my local farmer's market. I've heard all about the amazing benefits of using pure Himalayan salt and decided to give it a try! Besides the obvious sprinkling it on food, what are your guys' favorite ways to use this unique salt?? I've heard putting some in water can help remineralize it, but what ratio of salt to water should I use? Any tips/ideas would be appreciated!
                            Google how to make sole salt water.
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                              Don't argue with me young man.
                              Yes, ma'am!
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                              X