Ad Widget

Collapse

How do you deal with missteps?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do you deal with missteps?

    How do you all deal with giving in to eating food that doesn't fit with the low carb or Primal diet?

    Over the last week I have had a few missteps. I ate a Snickers bar, I drank a few cups of hot chocolate made from powdery stuff that smells chemically and today I bought a bag of chocolate covered cookies that had 63 per 100grams, grains and refined sugar... and I feel bloody guilty about it. I was doing so good with the "no-candy" rule but I find my resolve shattering slowly.

    Maybe I just need some emotional support...
    My story, My thought....

    It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

  • #2
    Eat a bunch of not-crappy stuff. Don't buy or eat a bunch of crappy stuff. It's not that tricky.

    Sent via lightsaber

    Comment


    • #3
      Approaching this from a place where it looks like restriction is going to be a fail. What can you eat first that will make you not crave junk?

      Comment


      • #4
        You can throw out those cookies right now if you want. In the garbage with dish soap on them. Though that is too close for me- I deliver errors to the trash can at the Exxon down the street.
        “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
        Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
          Approaching this from a place where it looks like restriction is going to be a fail. What can you eat first that will make you not crave junk?
          Yeah, that's the issue, I have tried everything I can think of. Eating more in general, doesn't work. Allowing extra Primal snacks like dark chocolate or nuts, doesn't stop the craving. Even doing a heavy work out or go through the "result picture"- thread doesn't work.
          While I was fighting the craving for the seasonal cookies I bought today, I bought all the other little bad things in the hope that a small bad thing stops the craving, sadly it doesn't... so today I just gave in...
          My story, My thought....

          It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Have you tried eating a ribeye as big as your head? Seems like that would stop a craving pretty well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
              Have you tried eating a ribeye as big as your head? Seems like that would stop a craving pretty well.
              Works for me!

              So you caved. Get rid of what's left and get back on the the horse. No big deal...
              Breathe. Move forward.

              I just eat what I want...

              Comment


              • #8
                What Mr. Anthony said..

                Maybe tonight, go and buy a nice grass fed filet, look up a nice Primal way to prepare it (maybe covering it in Grass Fed Butter, that sounds delicious) and go to town on it. I promise that will help!
                M / 18 / 155 lbs / 5'9" / 12% BF

                Comment


                • #9
                  have to find something else than Ribeye, they don't sell that all that often at my butcher!!!
                  My story, My thought....

                  It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Since reading Well Fed I do a big weekly cook up. After that I have enough primal snacks in the house that taste so much better than junk food. Making primal food convenient did the trick for me. :-)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
                      How do you all deal with giving in to eating food that doesn't fit with the low carb or Primal diet?

                      Over the last week I have had a few missteps. I ate a Snickers bar, I drank a few cups of hot chocolate made from powdery stuff that smells chemically and today I bought a bag of chocolate covered cookies that had 63 per 100grams, grains and refined sugar... and I feel bloody guilty about it. I was doing so good with the "no-candy" rule but I find my resolve shattering slowly.

                      Maybe I just need some emotional support...
                      I know exactly what you mean....
                      Just eat it....shit happens. PERIOD. Don't make your body think about it, then you'll put on weight. Thank your body for digesting it and move on! This phase of eating semi-good will be over soon. Sounds strange but for me it works

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How long have you been trying not to eat things you know aren't particularly good for you? I found I got better at over time. I'm still getting better at it. For a solid year, I walked through the bakery department every time I went to the grocery store, looking at things and reminding myself, "Not real food, not real food." Now, I feel almost nothing as I pass by the bakery department.

                        I still eat high quality sweets every now and then. Without the slightest twinge of guilt. My current strategy when faced with some sweet temptation is to ask myself if that particular thing is good enough for me. And my standards as to what is good enough continue to creep upward.

                        Don't dwell on the missteps. Just take your next step.
                        50yo, 5'3"
                        SW-195
                        CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                        GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It will pass. Cravings for cookies will be less and less the longer you are on a grain-free woe. This is coming from someone who was the queen of baking cookies and cakes for everyone's birthdays and events. I still love cooking and baking but I just stopped making grain-based stuff.




                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          ------
                          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

                          My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


                          Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

                          " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            "Only a fool trips on whats behind them...." - funny line from a guy I don't like.....But I really like the line.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                              "Only a fool trips on whats behind them...." - funny line from a guy I don't like.....But I really like the line.
                              OK, that's great! Who's the guy?
                              50yo, 5'3"
                              SW-195
                              CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                              GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X