Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seasonal hairloss

Anybody else having experiences with dealing with seasonal hairloss?

For quite a few years I have been experiencing periods of extra heavy shedding. It's usually during the spring and autumn period so I'm always saying that I'm changing to my summer or winter fur...however this season it's more heavy than normal, I guess it's due to having started to eat primal and I'm still optimizing getting all the important nutrients.

I was wondering if people experiences the same thing and if anyone has tips on how to take better nutrition for hair?
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

I usually experience a big shed in August and September. The year I lost a lot of weight I lost hair for about 6 months. This stopped when I realized I was not eating enough protein and fixed my diet. Since then I have gone back to my normal shedding schedule.

Comment

Low iron is also correlated with hair loss.

Comment

if seasonal hairloss is a pattern for you, it might very well be a hormonal imbalance. i was taking an herbal supplement called dong quai for some lady issues and an unexpected side effect was MUCH thicker hair.

some also take pre-natal vitamins or biotin with good effects.
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I went to the hair dresser this week and he commented I had hair loss which was a bit worrying. Am I balding already? My hair is really thick and shiny so I don't think its a nutrient deficency per say. It may be stress based, or perhaps seasonal.
          http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

the body perceives weight loss as a stress. stress can cause hair loss.
            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I've always had thick hair, lots of it. Went paleo and it didn't change anything. Went VLC and started losing hair. A lot. Went back to eating carbs and my hair is not falling out anymore (three months later). Stress does not do that to me, and I was anemic for a good 15 years and did not experience hair loss then. For me, it was going very low carb (30g or less).
              Paleo since April 2013 for health reasons.

Comment

i was vlc for over 3 years without hair loss.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                  i was vlc for over 3 years without hair loss.
                  Lucky you!
                  I did sleep very well though...
                  Paleo since April 2013 for health reasons.

Comment

I had issues when I ate flax, which I thought was healthy...NOT. Reversed itself in days when I quit.

Comment

Working...
                    X