No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it's great.

Comment

Wow thanks for the advice. Do you use their sachets? Or have you created your own recipes? Are they allowed use paleo? Cheers

Comment

I have no idea if they are paleo. I use the sachets to start up & then save some and just add more milk & then pop it back in the easy yo with hot water. Sometimes I'll add milk powder to make it thicker.
        I've kept a batch going for about 3 months before. Sometimes it just gets eaten before I have a chance to use the last 100mls as a starter for the next batch.

Comment

So instead of eating all you can just add some milk stir I up and redo and it'll make another litre? Will it be same flavour?

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigolfer39 View Post
            So instead of eating all you can just add some milk stir I up and redo and it'll make another litre? Will it be same flavour?
            If I'm reading this right (as opposed to using a starter), then yes. And yes. The same bacteria is alive in the final product as in the starter. The starter is just dried. I have never actually bothered with them. I buy a decent quality, organic yogurt, reserve enough to inoculate the next batch (1 cup/gallon of milk), and eat the rest. Repeat with your new batch.

Typically the bacteria is good for at least a week, sometimes after that it can die off, so keeping a fresh rotation is crucial. You will need to follow the same procedure, warming and fermenting. Be sure to reserve your starter before adding any additional flavours.

Comment

Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not, attempt to make, eat, or play with brogurt.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigolfer39 View Post
                I just use plain Greek yogurt sachets. And I avoid the low fat ones. Never tried the flavoured because I add my own before eating.

Comment

If you strain your yogurt, I have also successfully cultured a new batch with whey. I believe I used two cups to the rough gallon.

M.

Comment

Working...
                  X