Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Boiled Marrow?

Q: do any of you eat boiled beef marrow? Not talking about cow bone soup. I'm talking about boiling the bones until you can pull the inside out with a fork, and eating it as a meal.

See photo, it looks pretty good. Thinking about trying it.

marrow2.jpg
    Recipe: Grass Fed Beef Shank Marrow Bones – L.Michelle

Yep, but I prefer roasted marrow bones.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Roasted marrow bones are so much better than boiled. Blech on the boiled.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's time to buy some marrow.

Comment

Roasted. And they're awesome.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Going to have to try it then.

Thinking someone must have figured this out 100,000 years ago -- hold the long bones over the fire, get them nice and toasty, crack them open with a rock just like a crab. Instant yumminess.

Comment

I buy lamb leg steaks. Each one comes with a small bone in the middle with a bite of marrow. Since my boyfriend doesn't like the marrow, I get two bites. That's about all I can stand of it so it works for me.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                Roasted marrow bones are so much better than boiled. Blech on the boiled.
                i eat it when it gets wiggly while i am making bone broth, but prefer roasted with some sea salt and lemon zest.
                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                  i eat it when it gets wiggly while i am making bone broth, but prefer roasted with some sea salt and lemon zest.
                  Never thought to use lemon zest. Great idea. It would cut that murkiness.

Comment

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post

Thinking someone must have figured this out 100,000 years ago -- hold the long bones over the fire, get them nice and toasty, crack them open with a rock just like a crab. Instant yumminess.
                    I get the cannon bones cut into pieces approx 4" long and stand the upright in a baking tray then roast. Add salt to taste and l marrow has a lovely buttery taste. One or two makes a great starter, but a bunch and some veggies makes a good meal too
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post

Okay now I want to do this at my daughter's firepit. Maybe sledgehammer instead of rock. Smores for dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                        Never thought to use lemon zest. Great idea. It would cut that murkiness.

Same here usually do shallot lemon juice parsley.
                        Maybe just the zest .

I also seen chefs say to sit in cold slightly salted for 24 hours for impurities ?
                        Any thoughts?

From London England UK

Comment

Originally posted by Ryancarter1986 View Post
                          Same here usually do shallot lemon juice parsley.
                          Maybe just the zest .

I also seen chefs say to sit in cold slightly salted for 24 hours for impurities ?
                          Any thoughts?

From London England UK
                          Hmm..not sure about that. Maybe a good idea if the bones are from CAFO cattle. Not sure if it's the same, but I soak my calf liver in milk. Not to draw out impurities, but to soften the flavor.

Comment

Working...
                          X