Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eat eggs, they contain a lot of of trace minerals. And green leaves like Kale will give you enough calcium. All big animals like elephants, giraffes and cows get their calcium from leaves. Even enough to pass it on to offspring in the form of milk. Except for maybe magnesium and d3 supplements are not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by paleodutch View Post
      Eat eggs, they contain a lot of of trace minerals. And green leaves like Kale will give you enough calcium. All big animals like elephants, giraffes and cows get their calcium from leaves. Even enough to pass it on to offspring in the form of milk. Except for maybe magnesium and d3 supplements are not needed.
      Thanks for this! I eat eggs nearly every day; I'm usually good about salads too. Maybe I'll go back to my magnesium and D3 supplements.
      F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
        Thanks for this! I eat eggs nearly every day; I'm usually good about salads too. Maybe I'll go back to my magnesium and D3 supplements.
        No supplements. Do a bit of research to find natural sources!
        For me : bananas, kohlrabi, dried fruits, sunflower seeds for magnesium
        d3: salmon, eggs, butter, mushrooms

Comment

One thing about this journey has really struck me, and that's the fact that virtually EVERY interaction I've had with the "medical community" about things like sinus problems has, as a prevalent response, a "knee-jerk" decision prescribe medications. Not one physician, or physician assistant, in my experience, has taken the time to ask about lifestyle choices the patient has made, such as diet. Following this thought through, my spouse and I discussed the idea that for the average person, a bad diet is quite common...and by "bad", I mean filled with things that inflame the cells of the body. Given this inflammation, the presence of disease or disorder isn't hard to fathom...but the real insanity is that a person with a disorder then goes to the medical community and is given a drug to treat a disorder brought about by a less-than-healthy diet. What happens? The drugs alter the body chemistry further, leading to "unintended consequences", and a vicious cycle is created. Our way of life (and by "our", I mean the average consumer of processed foods and prescription drugs) is absolutely insane. After all, the definition of insanity is constantly performing the same action and expecting a different result. I really think Mark and the people here who are paying attention to the health of their bodies and minds are on the right path...and I'm grateful my spouse discovered Mark and his efforts many years ago...though I'm sorry it took longer for me to see the light!
          Last edited by Bear; 12-02-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

While everyone is different, you could in fact experience reductions in bloating within 24 hours!

Comment

Working...
            X