No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPIC Bars?

https://epicbar.com/products.html

Has anyone tried them? They sound really solid nutritionally.

I'm wondering in particular how salty they are... I prefer a slightly sweeter jerky, and when I tried Steve's paleo stix (link here: Original PaleoStix ) I thought they were good but just a bit salty for my taste.

My friend and I tried them. They're a little weird, but you'd probably like them if you like a slightly sweet jerky. They aren't very salty. The buffalo was our favorite, with the turkey coming in second. The beef was a little too dry. I wouldn't eat them every day, but they're good in a pinch or to take on a trip or something like.

Comment

Personally, I like the Bison flavor. I think you will too if you like jerky a little sweet.
      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82833.html

Comment

I can't stand paleostix, taste great but man the burps suck. I do however love his jerky, I've got about 100$ worth of the chicken jerky in my draw here at work haha.
        -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Thanks guys. So in taste/texture, is it more protein-bar-like or more jerky-like? I'm looking for something that'll give me a little bit of a sweet, dessert-y fix, so if it's just straight up jerky im not going to bother with it.

Comment

I don't think it's dessert tasting. The fruit in the bars makes them a bit sweet, but the overall taste is meat-y/savory over sweet.

Comment

If these didn't contain sugar, I might be more inclined to try them! Now the Paleo Stix look delicious and I am a SALT LOVER! ha ha - thanks for the snack tip!

Comment

Originally posted by GiGiEats View Post
                If these didn't contain sugar, I might be more inclined to try them! Now the Paleo Stix look delicious and I am a SALT LOVER! ha ha - thanks for the snack tip!
                The sugar is from the fruit most likely. I wish they didn't have the fruit myself... I hate fruit, especially dried.
                -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

This thread has already been made, but..

They're far from a treat. Definently a solid Paleo snack. Low amount of sugar, all from dried fruit. GF Beef / Bison, they taste good IMO, and they're very convenient. Shelf life of roughly 9 months according to EPIC.
                  M / 18 / 155 lbs / 5'9" / 12% BF

Comment

the epic bars are really tasty. They're not like jerky at all - very moist, I think. I usually don't eat on bike rides but one day I sort of started to bonk and I was glad I had this with me. The only negative I can think of is that it had a little packet in there to help keep it from going bad, I guess and I was really wolfing that bar down so I nearly got that packet in my mouth too - yuk!!

I actually talked to one of the reps at a bike race in Austin a few months ago, that's where I got the bars. It seems like a good company that I don't mind supporting from time to time.

I think for long ride fueling purposes, I would still prefer pemmican from us wellness or maybe even trying some of allen lim's recipe's but these bars are very tasty and about 1 million times better an option than a clif bar or some sugary gel.

Comment

Working...
                    X