Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wegman's

Anyone in the northeast familiar with the Rochester, NY based grocery store "Wegman's"? If so, what are your thoughts? I love it, and although I get my organic meat from a local farm, Wegmans does have a decent selection of organic, free range meat. Trader Joe's is a joke, and Wegmans is the future. Check them out.

Sent from my XT907 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Originally posted by DeltaCypher0 View Post
    Anyone in the northeast familiar with the Rochester, NY based grocery store "Wegman's"? If so, what are your thoughts? I love it, and although I get my organic meat from a local farm, Wegmans does have a decent selection of organic, free range meat. Trader Joe's is a joke, and Wegmans is the future. Check them out.

I've been shopping at wegmans for ages. It's like whole foods, but half the price. I get my meat and a good amount of produce from a local farm and my raw dairy from another farm. But everything else comes from wegmans. Great store

Comment

Wegmans... I can just wait and hope in Raleigh, NC.
      “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
      Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Im just gonna add to the hype again..

They have lots of organic produce for pretty cheap. A lot of local farms sell to them too, so even if it's not organic, some produce is still local.

Even though it's not organic or PB, they have a whole section where you can buy meals ready to eat for $6.00, cooked by some real good chefs.

Buffet areas..

Sushi makers 8hrs a day, straight from Japan.

Danny Wegman has his food game on point.

Comment

I first found out about wegmans when I did my undergrad at syracuse. back then, there were only a couple stores. i'm glad they're making their way all over now. it's definitely our go to grocery store and has been for the past 8 years now

Comment

I love Wegman's! When I lived in the Northern Virginia/ DC metro area i did most of my shopping there. I sometimes miss it....

I also really appreciate that they treat their employees well. Wegman's is consistently ranked as one of the top companies to work for in the country. When you hear about how Walmart has food drives for their own employees because they refuse to pay a living wage, it's nice to see a grocery store where employees get paid well and even cashiers get benefits.
            No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
            -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Love them in the Phila area! I use the take home meals a lot-can get grilled chicken and green veggie sides for $6.

Comment

Here in northern Virginia, Wegmans is so busy it is almost impossible to shop there without getting hit by someone's cart or car in the parking lot. The grass fed beef prices are not especially low compared to Whole Foods or Target (yes, Target carries grass fed beef here!). The produce is both cheaper and fresher than whole foods. The fish is more expensive and less fresh than whole foods but fresher than your typical grocery store.

Comment

I love Wegmans. Anytime I have to go to Syracuse I do a major shop. I only wish they would come further north

Sent from my VS840 4G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                  X