No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK wagyu beef fat

http://alternativemeats.co.uk/welsh-wagyu-fat

I just ordered from this company last week, very professional .
    Used the fat on potatoes OMG , also ordered hanger /onglet & bavette steak , pretty reasonable . Having the steaks tomorrow.
    Wagyu beef is from wales , sell other items .

From London England UK

Wagyu is renowned for containing a large proportion of unsaturated fat due to the grain feeding and the breed. I'm sure it's delicious but what do you know about how it is fed?
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

wagyu beef comes from japan. just like champagne comes from champagne, france. they may be growing a wagyu breed in wales, but it is not "wagyu" in the strict sense.

wherever they are farmed they are heavily grain-fed to increase the fat content and traditionally japanese farms were very small, allowing for little movement by the animals. that also increased the fat to muscle ratio. the ratio of monounsaturated is higher than saturated, but will vary by feed and by animal.

Ifor's Welsh Wagyu

looks like this is the welsh producer. he's cross-breeding a wagyu bull with regular cows, but it seems to be a small farm.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
        wagyu beef comes from japan. just like champagne comes from champagne, france. they may be growing a wagyu breed in wales, but it is not "wagyu" in the strict sense.
        Not quite. Kobe beef is from Japan and only from Japan. Kobe are Wagyu cows bred and raised a certain way in the Kobe region of Japan. Wagyu refers to the breed of cow itself and can be raised anywhere.

Edit: last night I ate a 'Kobe' burger. This is not correct as it was Wagyu beef from America. It could have been correctly labeled a Wagyu burger but not Kobe. Much like the sparkling wine/champaigne designation you mentioned.
        Last edited by canio6; 12-04-2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaceyUK View Post
          Wagyu is renowned for containing a large proportion of unsaturated fat due to the grain feeding and the breed. I'm sure it's delicious but what do you know about how it is fed?
          They say mainly grass fed, a little cereal & beer.

I'm not treating this as my everyday meat by any means but I do like rotating different breeds of beef .

From London England UK

Comment

Working...
          X