Ad Widget

Collapse

Diarrhea & stomach pain after eating coconut sign of intolerance?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diarrhea & stomach pain after eating coconut sign of intolerance?

Stupid question maybe..

Is it intolerance and should be avoided or is it just the stomach not being used to it and should be baby stepped into it?

I'm trying to avoid inflammation and I guess intolerances creates that so that's why I'm asking. Otherwise I think I could get the stomach used to it after a while with small amounts

There are no stupid questions...only stupid people. Just kidding...

Have you ever eaten coconut before? What for are you eating now? Flakes? Oil? And how much? It seems as though lots of people don't do well with coconut.

Comment

Extra virgin coconut oil makes me nauseous. I read somewhere that this is due to the Lauric acid content in it. You can try having only a very small serving and then gradually work your way up from there.

I'm not happy that my stomach can't tolerate EVCO and I don't like its flavor, because it's one of the best kinds of fat out there.

Comment

More than a bite of coconut meat or a sip of coconut milk gives me a stomachache. When mixed in food in small amounts (curries), coconut products are ok. I have no problems with coconut oil.

Comment

I tried 2 teaspoons of c oil and half a glass of c water first. An hour later I had a curry with c cream and c oil. 15 min later I got cramps.

It feels like it was kind of ok when it was mixed up with the food. And that the cramps came from the first test.

Does it create inflammation if you get stomach cramps/pain? Do the two always go hand in hand?

Comment

Originally posted by JohanJohan View Post
            I tried 2 teaspoons of c oil and half a glass of c water first. An hour later I had a curry with c cream and c oil. 15 min later I got cramps.

It feels like it was kind of ok when it was mixed up with the food. And that the cramps came from the first test.

Does it create inflammation if you get stomach cramps/pain? Do the two always go hand in hand?
            Sounds like a lot. Why are you eating spoonfulls of coconut oil?

Comment

Originally posted by JohanJohan View Post

I love the taste of virgin CO and always lick the spoon when cooking with it. Coconut milk in a recipe never bothers me and cooking with CO doesn't either. I tried bulletproof coffee (8oz coffee and 1T CO) and I was nauseous every time. I think a lot of people have a threshold over which CO just messes with their intestines. I'm not sure it's inflammation like what you might get from high O6 vegetable oils. It's probably more like indigestion from overloading with a high maintenance, unfamiliar fat. I'd say back off on the straight CO. Though it is really delish.
              50yo, 5'3"
              SW-195
              CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
              GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Working...
              X