No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega 3 and Prostate cancer article

Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been dealt with when the article came out, in July of this year. I haven't had much success with the search function.

Anyway, guess what, another article that goes against the Primal view of increasing Omega 3 intake.

Taking omega-3 fish oil supplements may increase the risk of aggressive prostate cancer by 70% | Mail Online

The link says it all. Any thoughts? Some health studies are easy to cast aside, but one that links to prostate cancer, that's not so easy.

Thanks,

Stephen.

While I'm here, I should fill this in -- ok ok I'll post it later in the newbie forum!

Your location:

UK

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

About 70%. Social situations might be grounds for exceptions, or extreme hunger, and breakfast is a problem.

Do you consume dairy:

Yes, I love it. I think we have the best yoghurt in the world!

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Two good coffees and a cup of tea daily

Motivator for switching to Primal:

My trainer switched me on to it. I was in pretty good health, it didn't seem to be an issue for me, but I've started to move, and I'm glad I did. I'm perhaps not a typical switcher, I wasn't overweight nor were my blood sugars etc anything to worry about. But they have all improved despite my eating more (good) fats and protein.

Favorite exercise:

Bodyweight training! For me at least, mentally stimulating to do handstand presses and one-arm pushups (maybe I"m just not that bright....!) which took a long while to learn.

Favorite Primal food:

Coconut oil is wonderful. Just discovered Sun Warrior protein powder, it's delicious and seems a big improvement over whey-based powders.

Best part about being Primal:

It feels more natural. And some things I thought were natural - a little bloatedness, wind, well I found out they weren't necessarily normal or how I should feel after eating.

Worst part about being Primal:

Difficulties in finding good food in restaurants or when travelling.
Working...
X