Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-workout eating - yes or no?

Just out of curiosity, how many people out there eat right before a workout?

I tend to workout first thing in the morning - get up, get dressed, straight to the gym. So I don't eat before I workout, instead I focus on preparing a well balanced meal with a few quality carbs and good fats and protein straight afterwards.

I guess I just want to know what most people think of training on an empty stomach - good idea or bad? Would I notice a change in performance if I ate beforehand?

If you search "Poll: fasted workout?" you'll see how people responded and it'll give you an idea of what people are doing or not doing before their workout. I eat sometimes beforehand (slice of bacon, oatmeal with fruit, apple with nut butter, or boiled egg) sometimes and sometimes not. Squat day is particularly rough for me, so I usually eat before that workout. The other two days a week I lift, I could go either way.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

The majority of my workouts are fasted, but I will occasionally eat something that is quickly digested beforehand, usually green juice or fruit.

Comment

I generally avoid it, because then I might get lazy

I like to think the workout simulates me chasing down and beating the life out of my soon-to-be meal.

M.

Comment

No.

Comment

I sometimes pre workout and sometimes post workout depending on what i feel

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it's a good idea to eat prior to exercise if it doesn't make you uncomfortable. Muscle contraction enhances blood flow to the contracting muscles; if you just ate a protein-rich meal, then that blood will deliver a lot of amino acids and nutrients right where they're needed.
                www.caloriesproper.com

Comment

Working...
                X