No announcement yet.

"Meat kills you earlier"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evolution would probably not have had any affect on cancer developing in a small percent of middle aged or older people. So, ofcourse it might be a possibility that even though we eat an "optimal" primal diet there still might be some problems towards the older age groups that didn't exist or were rare during prehistoric times. PS. I know "cavemen" lived past their 30's.

Still, I'm on the exact same line as most of you here. My life has improved so immensly since going primal that I'd take anything that comes with it rather than going back.

Also I have to contradict myself a bit. Cancer is something that develops in all of us. It's the immune system that then takes care of it, or not - and that's when we get cancer. By any logic that would mean: better immunesystem, smaller risk of cancer. Before going primal I had the flu every other week and all kinds of other signs of impaired immune function. After going primal I haven't been sick once, it has been a year now!! So judgeing from this my risk to get cancer just has to be lower now?!

Comment

Originally posted by Kris T View Post
      Again, Cause everything on the news and read off the internet is TRUTH!
      i've been on the internet long enough to know everything i read on the internet is true
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
        Anyone who eats a cup of dry beans, even if they are cooked, can most certianly NOT be my guest. I'd be airing out the house and deodorizing sheets for a week.
        Anybody who eats a cup of raw dry beans, even soaked, is going to the hospital with a serious case of bean poisoning. If we want to compare toxicity, raw dry beans are infinitely more toxic than raw beef.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
          Anybody who eats a cup of raw dry beans, even soaked, is going to the hospital with a serious case of bean poisoning. If we want to compare toxicity, raw dry beans are infinitely more toxic than raw beef.
          Raw beef also toxic? I have been eating beef tartare for years without even knowing that...
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
            Raw beef also toxic? I have been eating beef tartare for years without even knowing that...
            Raw beef is not toxic at all. Raw beans will send you to the hospital, where they will tell you that you will stop vomiting violently in a few hours. Has to do with the nature of "infinity".

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              Raw beef is not toxic at all. Raw beans will send you to the hospital, where they will tell you that you will stop vomiting violently in a few hours. Has to do with the nature of "infinity".
              Good to hear, I stay away from beans raw or cooked though, as Phytagoras...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Winner is eKatherine, who got the joke

M.

Comment

My theory is that eating anything will kill you. 100% of humans eat and 100% of them die. The solution is to stop eating altogether. Although, I believe there have been studies that show that not eating kills too.

Comment

I had a 17 year old girl tell me online today that what I needed to do was just give up meat. Not only wouldn't I miss it at all, but [extreme elite athlete you never heard of] gave up meat and improved tremendously. I told her that I would not only miss it desperately, but [that athlete] started training at the age of 2 and is now in her mid-20's. The idea that a 58 year old woman would suddenly become a world class athlete for having given up meat is utter nonsense.

And I don't, normally, but tonight I ate extra bacon.

Comment

Working...
                    X