Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidentally ate wheat= bloat for days

I accidentally ate gluten from oatmeal 4 days ago (it was in a nut date bar from my local collective, but it tasted odd so I went back to check the ingredients and saw they forgot to list oats, which they had scribbled in later>.<). Was stupid and just ate the thing anyway bc I paid for it, and now I've been having bloat/gas/grumbly stomach for 4 days, and my stomach looks distended.

Is there any help for me?? I don't want to take meds or anything, any natural ways to help my GI?

oats dont have gluten.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
      oats dont have gluten.
      Oats themselves may not, but they are often processed on the sane machinery as wheat etc. So the oat end product may contain enough gluten to cause very gluten sensitive people issues, hence why some companies advertise gluten free oats that are not transported in our processed on the same equipment as wheat.
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

My immediate thought from this thread title was of you slip on a slice of bread and it falling down your pie hole...
        March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
        Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

Comment

Idk if it was specifically the gluten I'm reactive to, or just grains in general. I'm not gluten intolerant (at least not diagnosed), and I'm fine with small amounts of legumes but try to avoid grains.

Comment

All you can do is wait for the bloat and any other symptoms to go away. It usually takes 3-4 days for me, and I am VERY reactive to gluten.

Comment

Sounds psychological. You'll be OK.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Sorry I realize now my Q wasn't clear: I'm not freaking out or anything, but does anyone have tips on how to help my stomach after eating something not kind to my GI? Like certain foods, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfi56 View Post
                  Sorry I realize now my Q wasn't clear: I'm not freaking out or anything, but does anyone have tips on how to help my stomach after eating something not kind to my GI? Like certain foods, etc?
                  Aloe vera gel? A meal of just bananas (I do banana days to clear digestion).
                  JOURNAL..
                  @BabesWithBBQ.
                  Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                  Professional Style Website.
                  #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

We had a dr recommend this:
                    Apex Energetics - Gluten-Flam (K-52) 60 Capsules
                    K

Comment

I like a couple of pieces of crystallized ginger to set my tummy to rights.

Lark

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                      "Unfortunately, humans rely less on instincts and more on culture to determine what they eat" - Marcia Pelchat

Comment

Originally posted by TQP View Post
                        Hmm, yeah I might try eating uninflammatory foods for a cpl days to see if that helps. I just continued my normal way of eating (i.e. meat, cheese, yogurt, veggies) but my belly hasn't calmed down. Should I avoid foods like dairy or something ? (which would be really hard for me...:P)

Comment

Originally posted by Alfi56 View Post
                          Hmm, yeah I might try eating uninflammatory foods for a cpl days to see if that helps. I just continued my normal way of eating (i.e. meat, cheese, yogurt, veggies) but my belly hasn't calmed down. Should I avoid foods like dairy or something ? (which would be really hard for me...:P)
                          Monofood heals the gut... And the fiber in bananas cleans you out of the gluten.
                          JOURNAL..
                          @BabesWithBBQ.
                          Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                          Professional Style Website.
                          #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by TQP View Post
                            Eating aloe vera causes leaky gut, it is not meant to be used internally.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Markbt View Post
                              Eating aloe vera causes leaky gut, it is not meant to be used internally.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                              Source?
                              Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                              X