Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not critical. So long as you're eating between sun up and sun down, you're following the IF/ circadian eating idea.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I've been perusing old threads, and in particular, an extensive thread about Ray Peat. Interesting to say the least, and I've since been reading and listening to what I can about his ideas. If anything, it's further muddied the 'acceptable food spectrum' and macro ratio. As with so many studies, I've taken what I agree with and discarded what I found pure folly. (sorry, but OJ and carrots are not going to turn my life around)

I've studied the PHD and as difficult as it is, I've listened to several podcasts featuring Paul Jaminet. (no insult intended, but he does have a rather laboured way of speaking). All in all, it seems pretty inclusive and common sense.

I've also been revisiting my old cookbooks--remember those with hardback covers io swipe screens?! This, more than anything else, has led me to my own phd. It includes more carbs than Marks 'sweet spot', but there is nothing taken in excess. There is never a feeling of 'I can't get enough of....' . When someone or some idea has a ring of a panacea, I proceed with caution. More than ever before, is balance the word of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        It's not critical. So long as you're eating between sun up and sun down, you're following the IF/ circadian eating idea.
        Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          I accidentally hit upon a day that fills everything almost perfectly, save iron, with an o3: o6 ratio right at 3:1. It's relatively easy to do, too.
          Lunch was a hash flip. 1 grated sweet potato, 2 tbsp butter, 2 leftover grilled sausages, and 3 cups of a spinach/ kale/ chard mix, cooked until the hash is soft/ crispy and the greens are very wilted. Make 3 wells and crack an omega 3 egg into each well. Remember you forgot your brazil nut and quarter can of salmon, eat those. Flip the eggs and the surrounding hash when the white is ready to flip. Cook to your liking and eat out of the cast iron pan, making sure to get all the crunchy burnt bits.
          Dinner was a small hamburger salad with pan juices as the dressing and a baked potato with pan juices instead of butter. As a snack I had a banana and a peach.
          The majority of the nutrients come from the hash flip, with dinner and the fruit filling in the holes.
          I've heard you're supposed to get a bit of iron from cooking in pans, but no idea how much or why that wouldn't diminish the pan over time. I do know one thing though, even if Alton Brown does it, never put balsamic vinegar into a blueberry galette made in a cast iron pan. All the precious and hard won seasoning ended up on my teeth...

Comment

• It turns out that you do get decent amount from a cast iron pan, if you cook it right. unfortunately, it seems that the older the pan, the less you get. (More seasoning= less iron getting through?) I think my iron levels are actually okay, because I cook everything in that pan (besides tomatos and soupy things) when it's just me at home. It's also one of the knobbly bottom Lodge ones, so I figure that even as old as it is, I's still getting iron from smoothing the knobbly bits.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
            X