Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a okay diet to lose weight?

My morning usually consist of Oatmeal with some fresh fruit in it or sometimes plain yogart with fresh fruit cut up inside of it (for breakfast). A wheat muffin or bagel for lunch. Then for a snack I eat a nutri-grain bar. Now for dinner, I admit I do eat unhealthy, I usually eat ramen noodles or sometimes will go pick up chinese food. Then when I work out I usually do 1 mile run twice a week along with a 1/2 mile walk. I also do 150 crunches, 58 leg raises and 90 second plank everyday.

Is this that bad of a diet?
    I've been doing this for about a month.
    I'm currently 5'6, 138 size 5 pants and M shirt.
    My goal is to get to a size two.

Welcome!

Are you ready to change your entire way of eating?

You will need to drop all of the grains and add meat, vegetables, fruits and healthy fats.

Read the Primal 101 tab on the main blog.

Good Luck!
    1/11/18 We have moved! Join us at primalforums.com

Comment

I second what Pebbles said. Also google the 5 Rules of Leptin...I lost 20 pounds without reducing calories that way. Best of luck to you!
      Late 50s, post-menopausal, low carb with some dairy, following the 5 Leptin Rules, taking ThyroGold, eating lots o' fiber and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

Obvious troll is obvious?! If not, welcome to MDA. Most of the foods you listed are not food, but feed - designed to keep you fat and sick.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

When your hair starts falling out you can increase your protein.

Comment

My guess is that the yogurt is "nonfat". Meaning, they replaced whole with skim and added corn syrup, sugar or artificial sweetener. What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
              Obvious troll is obvious?! If not, welcome to MDA. Most of the foods you listed are not food, but feed - designed to keep you fat and sick.
              This. If you think for 2 seconds that your diet is healthy, what the hell are you doing here?

Comment

drop the oatmeal, nutrigrain, ramen, and fruit (in the morning at least). start with the basics of cutting out grains and sugars and you'll be surprised at the changes that take place in the first few weeks (but it does take some time to adjust from a SAD diet). start with some reading like The Primal Blueprint or The Paleo Solution.
                "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                  Seems like we've had some new posters lately who say they're from Indonesia or thereabouts and aren't eating Primal. I wonder if they're all buddies, or just spammers. None of their posts have weird links.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by mallika25 View Post
                    My morning usually consist of Oatmeal with some fresh fruit in it or sometimes plain yogart with fresh fruit cut up inside of it (for breakfast). A wheat muffin or bagel for lunch. Then for a snack I eat a nutri-grain bar. Now for dinner, I admit I do eat unhealthy, I usually eat ramen noodles or sometimes will go pick up chinese food. Then when I work out I usually do 1 mile run twice a week along with a 1/2 mile walk. I also do 150 crunches, 58 leg raises and 90 second plank everyday.

Is this that bad of a diet?
                    I've been doing this for about a month.
                    I'm currently 5'6, 138 size 5 pants and M shirt.
                    My goal is to get to a size two.
                    No, it is not a bad diet at all. In fact, it is truly outstanding by any measure. You do need a more challenging goal. I would suggest shooting for a size one at least or maybe a size 0. By conscience, I follow your exct same regimen except I can only do 58 leg raises. Can you give me some advice re how I can in increase to 59, as you do? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X