Who uses one.

I currently just got 1 last week .
    Have been using .

No real difference I have noticed .

Anyone else's opinion?

From London England UK

Not since college.

Comment

Not a squaty potty, but I do use a little stool to put my feet up on. Not sure I notice a huge difference but it does seem easier those few times I am a little constipated.

Comment

No squat potty (family and friends already convinced I have gone off the deep end). But I do assume a skiers tuck position to approximate a squat. Noticeable difference in terms of time on the commode, etc.

Comment

I have a foot stool that I use pretty regularly. I have definitely noticed that it makes things a little easier to pass. I find that it helps me relax.
          Depression Lies

Comment

It is all that is available at home, so I'm used to it - when I travel and am in a hotel I kind of love the relaxation of being able to just sit down and do my business.
            M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
            - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

After reading about Squatty Potty a year or so ago, I began using a rather high footstool. That worked so well that six months later I bought a Squatty Potty so I didn't have to keep moving the footstool in and out of the bathroom. It's worked wonders for me. In fact I wish I'd known about the benefits of using a squatting position years ago. It might very well have saved me from the curse of hemorrhoids. Whenever I have to use a toilet without Squatty Potty or a stool to raise my legs up, I'm uncomfortable and need to stay there for twice as long as I do at home.

For those who don't notice much difference using it, are you sure you have the correct height for your height/the length of your legs? To make it work optimally, you need to really be in an almost full squat. Which, by the way, can be a bit hard on the "butt bones" until you figure out how to position yourself on the toilet seat most comfortably.

Comment

I went to China to an area where they only had squatting toilets.

Didn't notice a difference until I got home and started using western toilets again.

I decided then if I ever built a house it'd have 2 toilets, a western one and a squatting one (they were flusbable and in stainless steal or porcelain)

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one, but I hide it when certain company comes over. It makes for an awkward conversation piece.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

If a stool is unavailable, I pull my ankles back and hold them at the sides of the toilet (while leaning back just a little). It works surprisingly well and I have no idea why. May not be possible for some with mobility issues.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

Worked ok for the first few times then seemed to be more of a pain to use.

Comment

We built one all pretty-like.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

When I first moved into my new house I was SO annoyed that the toilet was situated so close to the tub that you pretty much didn't have room for your legs... till I decided to put my feet up onto the side of the tub (I swear to god a thought bubble with a lightbulb might as well have appeared above my head). Unfortunately, it has totally ruined all other toilets for me.

Now I sort of have to do these kinds of acrobatics whenever I'm not home:

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          If a stool is unavailable, I pull my ankles back and hold them at the sides of the toilet (while leaning back just a little).
                          But it's just not the same!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            I have one, but I hide it when certain company comes over. It makes for an awkward conversation piece.
                            Haha, me too!

Comment

A foot stool is all very well but it is a hassle to get out and use and other people do notice - and what do you do away from home? (the old idea of pooping during work hours so you not only use work's water & paper but get paid while you are doing it!)

Simplest solution in the absence of a proper squat toilet, is to climb up and stand on the rim of the bowl.

a while back I was travelling abroad and on the last day I discovered the public building opposite my hotel had a proper plumbed in floor toilet! Too late to try using it!

Comment

Working...
                              X