Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When people say they cant live without carbs, or they NEED carbs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post
    Grains are very engrained (pun intended) in our society. Whenever I pass up bread or pasta when I am out with friends or colleagues, I am always on the defensive. It is up to me to provide the burden of proof that carbs are not essential when the assumption in modern society is that carbs are necessary. As someone pointed out earlier, there is no essential carb. Its the only macronutrient we can make in our bodies. Just because certain cells require glucose to function does not mean that we have to ingest an excessive amount of it in our diet.

Besides, you can enjoy bacon in its pure form without any condiments. It is rare to see anyone eating pasta without a massive amount of sauce to provide flavor. Its pretty much flavorless and not very appetizing in its original state. Why not just eat the sauce with a spoon instead?
    Let's get so ripped, that our rejection of carbs speaks for itself.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Originally posted by fyrespryte View Post
      This isn't just about changing your diet, it's about changing your entire paradigm.
      Another sig-line worthy quote. Hell to the yes.
      Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

I have really become interested in the concept of exorphins in grains and other foods lately. I am newer to the primal discussion, so this may be old news....but the fact that chemicals in grains, milks, and other products might be triggering our opioid receptors could explain both the rise of agriculture and why people find these foods so addictive. Heck, it starts to explain a lot of the things I have struggled with in particular.......

Here is a quote from one article
        "Groups led by Zioudrou (1979) and Brantl (1979) found opioid activity in wheat, maize and barley (exorphins), and bovine and human milk (casomorphin), as well as stimulatory activity in these proteins, and in oats, rye and soy."......

"Since then, researchers have measured the potency of exorphins, showing them to be comparable to morphine and enkephalin (Heubner et al. 1984), determined their amino acid sequences (Fukudome &Yoshikawa 1992), and shown that they are absorbed from the intestine (Svedburg et al.1985) and can produce effects such as analgesia and reduction of anxiety which are usually associated with poppy-derived opioids (Greksch et al.1981, Panksepp et al.1984)."

The full article found here

I also second the 'lead by example' theory. I talk less and less about my diet to those that do not believe, but instead try and use it as energy to fuel my changes so that I can SHOW them what is possible.
        Erin
        Daily Vlogs
        Primal Pets Blog

Comment

Working...
        X