Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much fat, apparently

Well, after eating an entire tin of "Callos", a typical spanish food that is mainly meat and fat, LOTS of fat and which, for some reason, is extremely cheap... I'm now feeling extremely dizzy, the same happened yesterday and I wonder if it has to do with eating an insane amount of fat, especially if we take into account that the tin contained a ton of olive oil as a conservant and that I've felt a similar (though weaker) sensation after eating tons of olive oil.

So, did the fat make me dizzy? Anyone could explain to me what happened to my body please? Thanks.
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 07-31-2014, 06:48 AM.

How much sodium was in it? May have thrown your electrolytes off balance.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

it's a sign from the gods...eat some carbs

Comment

Originally posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
        Well, after eating an entire tin of "Callos", a typical spanish food that is mainly meat and fat, LOTS of fat and which, for some reason, is extremely cheap...
        um, because it's shit quality "food"? are you sure it's even olive oil in the tin? and not the adulterated stuff which is actually garbage seed oil?

why are you eating tons of olive oil? and again, are you sure it's actually olive oil?
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
          um, because it's shit quality "food"? are you sure it's even olive oil in the tin? and not the adulterated stuff which is actually garbage seed oil?

why are you eating tons of olive oil? and again, are you sure it's actually olive oil?
          totally agree. i'm guessing it's cheap because it's canned goat snot and rat meat, drizzled in soybean oil

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
            totally agree. i'm guessing it's cheap because it's canned goat snot and rat meat, drizzled in soybean oil
            HA! i lol'ed fo sho.
            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

If it was in a tin then it's probably better in the bin. Did you check what else was in there? MSG maybe? I can't think of any reason why eating tons of fat should be anything other than good, your bowels might take offence but that settles down quite quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                How much sodium was in it? May have thrown your electrolytes off balance.
                Not sure, but it didn't taste salty at all.

it's a sign from the gods...eat some carbs
                I eat more than enough carbs, I just drink a little of horchata later, which is quite sugary.

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post

It tasted like olive oil, I'm spanish I know how it tastes, though maybe it wasn't virgin.

In Spain we have really good food, I'm sure it was at least medium quality meat with actual olive oil.

Originally posted by Notsoperfick View Post
                If it was in a tin then it's probably better in the bin. Did you check what else was in there? MSG maybe? I can't think of any reason why eating tons of fat should be anything other than good, your bowels might take offence but that settles down quite quickly.
                Well, my strong dizziness probably indicate that eating too much fat at once is a terrible terrible idea...

Comment

"Well, my strong dizziness probably indicate that eating too much fat at once is a terrible terrible idea... "

Or maybe you were just dehydrated.

Comment

dehydration, blood sugar drop, cheap ingredients, reaction to a particular ingredient (like msg or another preservative), etc. could be anything.

do you have the same reaction when eating lots of fat from another source?

Comment

Olive oil is well cheap in Spain. Cheaper than butter.

Although Callos in a tin sounds like it might be a cheap processed version. Isn't Callos meant to be tripe, chorizo and bell pepper stew?
                      Last edited by MightyWindmill; 07-31-2014, 08:21 AM.
                      This is all just opinion. And it will have probably changed by this time tomorrow. Don't quote me on anything.

Comment

While olive oil may be cheaper than (imported) butter, generic vegetable oil is very common. Most people I knew when I lived there bought it by the jug. And used it to fry the spam they ate instead of real meat, then saved the grease to use again. Yuk!

The can should have a list of ingredients on it. Stop guessing what's in it.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyWindmill View Post

Although Callos in a tin sounds like it might be a cheap processed version. Isn't Callos meant to be tripe, chorizo and bell pepper stew?
                          Yes, forged out of delicioso.

M.

Comment

Dizziness from loading up on fat? Yes make sense, because lots of blood goes to your gut for digestion and less to your brain and muscles…
                            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Notsoperfick View Post
                              "Well, my strong dizziness probably indicate that eating too much fat at once is a terrible terrible idea... "

Or maybe you were just dehydrated.
                              Not sure about dehydration, I wasn't thirsty at all...

dehydration, blood sugar drop, cheap ingredients, reaction to a particular ingredient (like msg or another preservative), etc. could be anything.

do you have the same reaction when eating lots of fat from another source?
                              Yep, something similar happens when I eat too much high quality olive oil.

Originally posted by MightyWindmill View Post

Yep, meat, blood and olive oil in a tin essentially, delicious.

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                              While olive oil may be cheaper than (imported) butter, generic vegetable oil is very common. Most people I knew when I lived there bought it by the jug. And used it to fry the spam they ate instead of real meat, then saved the grease to use again. Yuk!

The can should have a list of ingredients on it. Stop guessing what's in it.
                              OK, next time I buy one of those I'll check the ingredients, I don't have any left...

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                              Dizziness from loading up on fat? Yes make sense, because lots of blood goes to your gut for digestion and less to your brain and muscles…
                              It felt extreme enough to be that, yeah.

Comment

Working...
                              X