No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turning orange... other carb sources?

Hello!

Lately I have upped my carbs as low-carb made me feel tired. Now I eat one sweet potato everyday. But the thing is, previously I consumed too many carrots and it made my skin look orange! My hands look ridiculous compared to other people.
    Since sweet potato is rich in beta-carotene, what would be other good carb sources? I can only purchase orange sweet potatoes, the white and purple ones are not sold in my country. Unfortunately squashes and pumpkins are orange too

And about white potatoes, I don't know if it would be wise to eat them everyday, as I still want to lose some weight.
    What do you think?

What makes you think white potatoes will make you gain weight more than sweet potatoes ??

Comment

I've thought about this too. I don't know, they feel very dense and heavy. But if they are nutritionally speaking similar to sweet potatoes, maybe I should try them.

Comment

They have more starch and much less sugar. They have slightly different nutritional profiles but they are each very nutritious. Combine both and roast them in a little beef tallow in the oven

Comment

Sweet potatoes actually have more calories per 100g than white potatoes. This of course doesnt really matter much, both are good for you.

Comment

Just avoid the big russet potatoes if you are concerned about GI and GL indexes.

Eat more of the smaller boiling potatoes.

And also eat them cooked and cooled for extra benefit.

Rutabagas, Turnips, and even beets occasionally are all nutritious foods that are surprisingly tasty.

I LOVE mashed Rutabaga.
            What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxick
              If your worried about GI for some reason, eat fruit.
              Agreed that fruits and berries are an excellent source of some daily carbs and lots of other goodies to go with them.
              What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Comment

orange skin? how many carrots a day were you eating?

will add rice, yucca and plantains to suggestions already given.
                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Wtf man. You have to post pictures.
                  Music of the day/week/month/whatever:

K.A.A.N. - L.T.N. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWocmse1Ef4

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me. I wd. get a big bottle of carrot juice for health benefits and found that I really liked the taste too. Turns out that my night vision improved greatly as an added bonus. The doctor at a checkup asked me if I was eating a lot of carrots a I told him I was drinking a lot of carrots. Actually betw. my tan (worked a lot outdoors) and the orange I had a burnished look that some found attractive. Had to stop the juice due to the carbs.

Comment

Working...
                    X