No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• food intolerance test from hair DNA?

The Intolerance Testing Group

Would you consider this method to be reliable at all? I've heard of many methods of intolerance testing, but this just seems to be too good to be believable...
    They also do complete micronutrient testing.

They would be testing for genetic predispositions. I don't think there are any residual antibodies left in hair as it grows.

Comment

so would that all be just a scam??
      How could they possibly identify nutritional deficiencies then?

Comment

Can't say as to DNA, but mineral overages and deficiencies show up quite well on a longer timeline than the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Paysan View Post
          Can't say as to DNA, but mineral overages and deficiencies show up quite well on a longer timeline than the last 2 or 3 weeks.
          so would you say it's worth the money?

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
            so would you say it's worth the money?
            No, get a blood test.

Comment

Decision is yours. If it's DNA and results you are after, specifically, I think I'd go for the one with specific claims. Both can be useful, as can fingernail clippings and other easily divested body parts. There's a thread on this forum right now that you might find interesting. If I find it, I'll post it.

It's the topic header
              "Everything you know about healthy eating is wrong. "

It may prove helpful.
              Last edited by Paysan; 11-25-2014, 03:01 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Hair is good for evaluating some things. Others are best determined by blood, saliva, or scrapings. No one test to rule them all im afraid.

Comment

ok I see.
                  The hair tests seem to be more convenient, and is much cheaper. But I just can't see how they can get the results of my current health from my hair. I mean, let's say I was deficient in calcium. If I took a supplement for a month and get back to normal levels, would that be reflected in my hair?
                  I strongly doubt it..

Comment

I think there is some important things you can glean from a hair analysis. I've just not seen food intolerance as one of them. Here is a pretty good article though:

Hair Analysis Controversy

Comment

Thanks. Indeed a very good article. Helped a lot.

Comment

ok, so I wrote them an email.. they use Bio-resonance. Makes me even more skeptical. Strangely enough, they have a money-back guarantee. Don't know how that works

Comment

I don't think so

Comment

Working...
                          X