Ad Widget

Collapse

Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to order some woody bands.
    I'm still doing negatives and holds.
    This concludes my check in!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Comment

• Count me in! I'm getting better at my negatives, but a LOOONNNNNNGGG way from an unassisted. Good luck, everyone!
      Results Pics:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Comment

• Originally posted by Mandolin View Post
        Count me in! I'm getting better at my negatives, but a LOOONNNNNNGGG way from an unassisted. Good luck, everyone!
        Welcome Amanda. You are #48. Together we will get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
          I want to order some woody bands.
          I'm still doing negatives and holds.
          This concludes my check in!
          At the risk of sounding like I work for Iron Woody's, I would highly recommend them. They have a variety pack of bands that will let you transition gradually to less and less of a boost.

Comment

• I got Iron Woody bands too!!! They are a huge help to me! I also got the set. I don't really use the black one, but the other two work really well for me. Highly recommended also!!!!!

Comment

• I totally forgot to practice while at the gym today!. Luckily there is a playground just up the corner.
              Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
              Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
              Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
              Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                At the risk of sounding like I work for Iron Woody's, I would highly recommend them. They have a variety pack of bands that will let you transition gradually to less and less of a boost.
                Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna order these ones, since they come so highly recomended!
                The more I see the less I know for sure.
                -John Lennon

Comment

• I haven't even started yet.

BUT.

On Saturday I did move one ton of pellets (in 40 pound sacks) & Rake 1 acre of pine needles and oak leaves.

As far as a back/shoulder workout and real-life-movement, that helps.

I hurt.

Pullups start tonight. Furreelz.
                  Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Comment

• I also have iron woody bands. I just did 3 pull ups with the mini-band, then dropped down and did 2 chin-ups with the mini-band. I think I can get at least 10 with the small band, maybe will try that tomorrow. Maybe fast ups and downs will be helpful for harnessing that "get started" tension/power that I read about but seem to be lacking, still seeing a disconnect in the start and the finish of the pull up. Plus my shoulders are crackling on the way down, not lowering smoothly so maybe that's part of the problem too?

Comment

• I've sort of fallen off the bandwagon. I'm doing terribly. I'll attempt one and give up after that. I'm getting frustrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by katydid317 View Post
                        I've sort of fallen off the bandwagon. I'm doing terribly. I'll attempt one and give up after that. I'm getting frustrated.
                        Have you tried the chair two foot assisted ones? Even if they are heavily assisted, they are better than giving up.

Also, if you can't pull yourself to the bar how about pulling the bar down to you? Some bungee cords or surgical tubing and a broom handle suspended from what ever is handy, a tree, a beam, or looped over your pull up bar.

Hang in there.

Comment

• I got out on the pull up there six days out of seven this past week and I think I am going to make that my goal. One day of complete rest but hit it the other six.

Tonight I did 20 pull ups and 20 chin ups (with woody) but instead of breaks every five, tonight I only rested every ten. Progress.

Everyone seems to keep saying that chin ups are easier than pull ups but I find that I suck equally at both of them so I am trying to do equal numbers of each to build up both sides of my arm musculature together.

Anyone else find that one or the other is easier? I wonder if it's just guys who find chins easier.

Comment

• Not that I can do either, but I suck slightly less at chins
                            My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                              Not that I can do either, but I suck slightly less at chins
                              Yeah that. I can just about do a chin but barely move upwards on a pullup.

Comment

• Originally posted by spughy View Post
                                Yeah that. I can just about do a chin but barely move upwards on a pullup.
                                Since we have been castigated for being sexist and also you don't have a picture or a gender specific handle, I feel the need to ask. You are female right?
                                Just trying to see if the pulls vs chins being easier is just a "guy thing".

Comment

Working...
                                X