Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kwaggz View Post
    Well I'm only 27 so people think I'm still within that realm of mind changing. We don't believe divorce is an option and I'm sure he wouldn't give up on our marriage for children, we both decided that seeing what our kids would look like would be the aspect we'd both miss. But I always (horribly, terribly, guiltily) wished I just wouldn't be able to have them....hopefully closer to 35 I can make everyone realize I'm serious, lol.
    Hang around people with horrible children, that should help him make his mind up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
      Hang around people with horrible children, that should help him make his mind up.
      Nah, just borrow blondiegreen's kids for a week. That way she can get a vacation like her husband. (not implying that her kids are horrible by any means).

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        Nah, just borrow blondiegreen's kids for a week. That way she can get a vacation like her husband. (not implying that her kids are horrible by any means).
        I have three sweet girls, though they can get whiny and shrieky. They could sway you to have kids, or not, depending on the day!
        Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
        34yrs old, 5'5"
        CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
        GW: 135lbs or less
        Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

• Wanting to beat my students over the head with a clue bat. If I hand it back to you during class, and say "Your grades were abysmal; take this period to make up what you are missing;" it's generally not a smart move to hand back in the same paper without any corrections.
          More to the point, if I give you something to do to raise your grade significantly, don't spend the entire period flapping your gums and then expect yet more time on it.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Walked into a debate over which singer is leaving a greater musical legacy behind:
            A) Katy Perry
            B) Britney Spears

Head/desk.
            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• The answer is, of course, Justin Bieber.
              JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• I work for a couple that have a home-based business, so their basement is converted to an office. She's a bit of a hypochondriac who has self-diagnosed herself with Celiac disease and has avoided gluten for a couple of years. But she drives me insane with her constant bitching that there's nothing she can eat. I came into the office today and she's saying she just had a meal replacement shake. I said, "Why did you have a meal replacement shake instead of an actual meal?" because she's severely underweight and she works out of her home so why not eat something good? She says, "There's nothing to eat." Let me get this straight- you avoid gluten. So that takes out several types of grain but leaves you with every fruit, every vegetable and every meat available on the planet. She's the type that has to make gluten-free bread and gluten-free baked goods (cookies, cake) and I don't get it. Good grief, our lives do not revolve around having bread and cookies. Get over it. She is constantly complaining that going gluten-free leaves her nothing to eat and frankly I just don't get it because it's not true and since she and I have similar diet restrictions (but for different reasons) I have zero sympathy because I never lack for food options. I tried to give her some suggestions and she just shot them down. What she really wants is her grains back.
                High Weight: 225
                Weight at start of Primal: 189
                Current Weight: 174
                Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by blondiegreen View Post
                  I have zero sympathy for his man cold and will not be at his beck and call for every whimper. Suck it up!
                  I'm with you!

When I get something before or after him and am tougher about it, I always hear (without provocation!), "Oh you must have had a different strain/virus."

Comment

• Originally posted by Liquid Gusto View Post
                    I'm with you!

When I get something before or after him and am tougher about it, I always hear (without provocation!), "Oh you must have had a different strain/virus."
                    Last month, my daughter got whatever quick-moving stomach bug was going around and passed it on to me. I was out cold, literally, for an entire day. Vomiting early morning, then fever and sleeping. Luckily, my wife was coming home from her work trip the day that I got hit with it so she could watch the baby. Man, did I get some jawing for not being able to get out of bed from noon Thursday until about 9am Friday.

Then she got it, too. Oh, the complaining I heard. I was nice and didn't give her a hard time.
                    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
                    SW (Feb 2012): 278
                    SBF: 26% (Scale)
                    CW (Sept 2015): 200
                    CBF: 17% (Scale)

Comment

• Originally posted by accidentalpancake View Post
                      Then she got it, too. Oh, the complaining I heard. I was nice and didn't give her a hard time.
                      That was sweet of you. I also usually keep quiet and just baby him. I figure babying him a few days will probably make him feel better sooner than a weeks worth of no empathy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liquid Gusto View Post
                        That was sweet of you. I also usually keep quiet and just baby him. I figure babying him a few days will probably make him feel better sooner than a weeks worth of no empathy.
                        She's also pregnant. That may have softened my approach slightly. Maybe.
                        I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
                        SW (Feb 2012): 278
                        SBF: 26% (Scale)
                        CW (Sept 2015): 200
                        CBF: 17% (Scale)

Comment

• Originally posted by accidentalpancake View Post
                          She's also pregnant. That may have softened my approach slightly. Maybe.
                          Oh, I'd say your wife has herself a good man!

Comment

• My friend won't stop texting me for help with his engineering HW. I'd like to go to sleep but need to spoon-feed some answers and explain some well performance concepts first .
                            In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• this makes me sad. why are people such a-holes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/31/us...pgtype=article

Comment

• The hens at the farm where I buy my eggs haven't been laying and I have to buy my eggs from the grocery store.

Comment

Working...
                                X