Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased Body Odor?

I've been paleo since participating in the January challenge group. Since that time, I've noticed an increase in my body odor and wondered if it could be connected? I read somewhere that consuming more red meat can be a culprit, and I've certainly increased the amount of red meat I consume since going paleo. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience? Even with deodorant, I smell like a teenage boy hitting puberty by the end of the day, and that is not an attractive smell for a girl in her thirties!

You could be sweating ketones. That is good, literally like sweating fat. Also sometimes your skin detoxes and when the toxin is oil soluble it pulls that out into sweat. Carb eaters are not able to excrete oil soluble toxins cos they normally don't sweat oil. Either way it could be a good sign. It was the fear of smelling awful that kept me paranoid about ketosis last year when I started a new job. I started smelling minty and sweet though to my mouth I was tasting metallic. My wife pretty much swore I was minty.
    Thanks.
    Srinath.

Comment

It is a good sign, and its sweating ketones and will not last forever and fades slowly so relax.

Comment

Working...
      X