recovering from the "clean plate" syndrome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loafingcactus View Post
    BTW, my very favoritist book on addiction is The Cult of Pharmacology by Richard DeGrandpre... This book is where I get most of my notions about addiction.
    I'm checking it out now. Thanks for the recommendation.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

If you've been thin all your life, you have no idea as to what it's like to binge. The out of control, self-loathing emotions that go with it, even while you're doing it. Some can hide it with bulimia because they puke up almost all of it right after. Assuming that thin people are awesome and fat people are dolts is as misguided as assuming that rich people are smart and poor people are stupid. Some rich people merely inherit, and some poor people choose not to play the game.

I've been anywhere from 112 lbs to 263 lbs as an adult. I am always me. I'm not weak when I'm fat; I'm not a perfect human when I'm thin. I'm currently in the high 140s. What does that make me? Almost perfect? A little out of control? Someone who no longer gives a rat's ass? Judge me if you will when you see me on the street. But judging people by what they weigh rather than by the accomplishments of their lives is pretty damned feeble.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I don't see an enemy here... I see someone who was engaging in a legitimate dialogue about the meaning of addiction.

ETA: Though I'm sure an enemy will be conjured any moment since it has been called for...
        “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
        Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          If you've been thin all your life, you have no idea as to what it's like to binge. The out of control, self-loathing emotions that go with it, even while you're doing it. Some can hide it with bulimia because they puke up almost all of it right after. Assuming that thin people are awesome and fat people are dolts is as misguided as assuming that rich people are smart and poor people are stupid. Some rich people merely inherit, and some poor people choose not to play the game.

I've been anywhere from 112 lbs to 263 lbs as an adult. I am always me. I'm not weak when I'm fat; I'm not a perfect human when I'm thin. I'm currently in the high 140s. What does that make me? Almost perfect? A little out of control? Someone who no longer gives a rat's ass? Judge me if you will when you see me on the street. But judging people by what they weigh rather than by the accomplishments of their lives is pretty damned feeble.
          Hence the questions.

I am often sarcastic. Judge me if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
            Obviously. I am a perfect fucking human. Look how awesome I am...
            Are you actually trying to tell us you are not Spiderman? What a let down

Comment

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
              Are you actually trying to tell us you are not Spiderman?
              I've been bitten by multiple spiders, but they have not been of the radioactive variety. So far. The search continues...

Comment

Working...
              X