Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need all you protein shake experts out there

i am looking for a couple delicious protein shake recipes, but this is definitely not my area of expertise. i am not really picky at all when it comes to flavors, & preferably on the lower carb side.

particular favorite flavors: anything with chocolate, coffee, or PB [gasp!]

thanks guys

Hi,
    I like peanut butter smoothies. Mixed with almond milk and cinnamon. You can add seeds or nuts to thicken it up which adds to the protein

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

great idea, to thicken it with nuts, i never thought of that. cashews get pretty creamy i think.

so maybe like PB, almond milk, protein powder, & some cashews?

www.smokinchemist.com

Comment

Don't think Grok had a blender. Part of the eating real foods philosophy is to actually, you know, eat it. Not drink it. It's pre-masticated, so it hits your system a lot harder and quicker than full digestion.

Comment

Originally posted by the smokin' chemist View Post
          i am looking for a couple delicious protein shake recipes, but this is definitely not my area of expertise. i am not really picky at all when it comes to flavors, & preferably on the lower carb side.

particular favorite flavors: anything with chocolate, coffee, or PB [gasp!]

thanks guys
          Hi,

One of my absolute FAVORITES (And I typically have this saturday mornings after my sprinting/weight lifting interval class)

1 Cup of black , cold coffee.
          A splash of Almond or coconut milk (full fat)
          1 & 1/2 TB Almond Butter (way less inflammatory than peanuts)
          1/2 of or whole Frozen, cut up banana
          Cacao powder
          Cinnamon
          A little turmeric (optional)
          (SOMETIMES I add frozen blueberries)
          And Either 1 TB of Grass Fed Collagen OR Whey Protein

It's delicious!

* I have a LOT of good smoothie/Shake recipes, I think I might start a thread. Thanks for inspiring me

Comment

Working...
          X