Chicken hearts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken hearts

Hello. I've just found that my local free range chicken farm (UK) where I always buy my chickens, sells 500 gram packs of chicken hearts. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I'm thinking perhaps in a mustard and tarragon cream sauce; marinated and cooked on skewers over a grill; fried with mushrooms and onions and quick spritz of dry sherry etc - but how long? Thanks!

I've done them marinated and cooked on skewers and that turned out great!

Bit tricky on the timing mainly because I don't do them often. You could follow USDA guidelines and cook till 165, but I prefe a medium 145. It will climb a bit even when you take it from the grill so I don't worry.....I just feel they get tougher a well done.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 08-11-2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I didn't know that people eat chicken hearts. That sounds scary to me. How does it taste like tho? The texture?

Comment

I make them for breakfast for my son sometimes - stirfry with spinach and soft-brown onions and avocado. I also like them slow cooked in a cream sauce - tarragon sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Dill View Post
          I didn't know that people eat chicken hearts. That sounds scary to me. How does it taste like tho? The texture?
          Originally posted by Peter Dill View Post
          I haven't had chicken hearts YET - but regular heart is like lean muscle meat. In fact, it IS a muscle. I've had heart minced (ground) with other meats and you wouldn't have known it was there. But chicken heart is smaller and I'm told tender. Planning to buy a pack!

Comment

Working...
          X