Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite apple recipes

Last week I took home a box of oranges (like 15+ of the buggers!), but there's still a forlore looking box of apples at work. I think I want to make something I can bring in and share and have people not think is too weird and then gloat as I enjoy it. Does anyone have any suggestions/recipes?

Throw some butter in a baking dish and melt it. Slice 3-4 apples and throw them in it. Sprinkle some walnuts and dried cranberries on them. Sprinkle that with cinnamon and a hint of brown sugar (shhh, don't tell anyone I said that), mix it all up and throw in the oven. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Comment

Get yourself some cabbage and make a coleslaw if you aren't feeling a dessert. Otherwise, I really like the idea of a plain apple crumble, but I'm sure there are recipes for apple muffins/pies with nut flour.

Comment

I got a recipe for grain-free apple crisp. I could dig it out for ya, if you'd like.
        Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
          I got a recipe for grain-free apple crisp. I could dig it out for ya, if you'd like.
          Oh please do for ME! My last attempt at grain-free apple crisp was a dismal failure.

Comment

make some apple cider

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
              Oh please do for ME! My last attempt at grain-free apple crisp was a dismal failure.
              I'll post it when I get home. Might have to make some too. Supposed to get LOTS of heavy snow tonite (again!), so won't have much else to do.

Comment

Peel and core, cut into chunks, add cinnamon to taste, add 1/4 of water in volume (so if you have 1L of Apple's add 1cup of water).

Brown sugar if wanted.

Simmer with lid on till apples fall apart.

Strain and keep fluid.

Using a stick blender puree apples.

Add extra fluid if need for desired consistancy.

You can drink the leftover kept fluids or toss them.

The apple sauce can be frozen and used as needed. I've bottled one small bottle but haven't opened it yet to see if it's good. (We go through at least 500ml a week, it's yummy with yogurt)

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here it is:

Apple Crisp

1/2 cup butter
                  1 cup brown sugar (yeah, I know)
                  1 cup flour (I use coconut flour but have also used the gf flour mix @ artofglutenfreebaking.com)
                  1 tsp. baking pwdr
                  1/2 tsp. salt
                  6 med. apples, sliced or diced
                  1/2 cup sugar (again, I know)
                  1/2 cup water

Cook apples, white sugar & water in sauce pan for 5 to 8 minutes. Cut butter into the rest of the dry ingredients until it forms a crumble consistency. Put apples into baking dish and put crumble on top. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.

I suppose you could make substitutions for the sugars if you'd like, but if you're only going to eat this once in a blue moon, what the hell.

I like to eat this hot with HWC poured on top instead of ice cream.

Comment

Thanks so much, Aurora!

Comment

Let me know what you think.

Comment

I just slice up apples, layer with a "caramel sauce" of medjool date + coconut water + cinnamon, sprinkle with 'granola" consisting of dried mulberry crumble & food processed dried banana chips, and it's a raw apple strudel. Pretty good.
                        JOURNAL..
                        @BabesWithBBQ.
                        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                        Professional Style Website.
                        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by TQP View Post
                          I just slice up apples, layer with a "caramel sauce" of medjool date + coconut water + cinnamon, sprinkle with 'granola" consisting of dried mulberry crumble & food processed dried banana chips, and it's a raw apple strudel. Pretty good.
                          THAT sounds good too. I see the mulberries came...? I love them fresh, how are they dried?

Comment

THAT sounds good too. I see the mulberries came...? I love them fresh, how are they dried?
                            Good!! Great as "granola."
                            JOURNAL..
                            @BabesWithBBQ.
                            Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                            Professional Style Website.
                            #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Here it is:

Apple Crisp

1/2 cup butter
                              1 cup brown sugar (yeah, I know)
                              1 cup flour (I use coconut flour but have also used the gf flour mix @ artofglutenfreebaking.com)
                              1 tsp. baking pwdr
                              1/2 tsp. salt
                              6 med. apples, sliced or diced
                              1/2 cup sugar (again, I know)
                              1/2 cup water

Cook apples, white sugar & water in sauce pan for 5 to 8 minutes. Cut butter into the rest of the dry ingredients until it forms a crumble consistency. Put apples into baking dish and put crumble on top. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.

I suppose you could make substitutions for the sugars if you'd like, but if you're only going to eat this once in a blue moon, what the hell.

I like to eat this hot with HWC poured on top instead of ice cream.
                              YEEEE thanks! That looks super good. I'll probably add in some slivered almonds or something. I'm making it to bring in to work, so SAD friendly is okay. It'll just be a nice rare treat for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X