Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deviled Eggs that are NOT The Devil!

I am sure we all have our staple Deviled Eggs recipes, however, today I am sharing three recipes (2 outside of the box ones, and one original, yet made over version of the classic)....

Spicy Tuna Deviled Eggs, Guac/Salsa Deviled Eggs and Classic Deviled Eggs - NO soy oil mayo included, or in fact any mayo included AT ALL!

Not So Devilish Deviled Eggs - GiGi Eats Celebrities

Do share what your favorite deviled egg recipes are!!

Healthier-Deviled-Eggs-3.jpg

Ours are just duck eggs with cream cheese and some spices.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      Ours are just duck eggs with cream cheese and some spices.
      Do duck eggs taste a lot different than chicken eggs?

Comment

Pretty similar, better texture.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Not to mention larger. I always had trouble peeling them after hard boiling them.
          6'1" 30 y/o male
          June 2013 - 310+lbs
          April 2014 - 230lbs
          "The great and powerful Trixie doesn't trust wheels"!

Comment

& higher yolk to white ratio
            Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Duck eggs are amazing, I'd never buy chicken eggs again if I could get them all the time. I love the larger yolks - they make great deviled eggs. I usually mix the yolks with some homemade mayo, minced pickle, smoky hot sauce, honey, salt and pepper. They are delicious. Sometimes I use hot pepper jelly instead of honey and hot sauce.

Comment

Just wanted to share:

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Spicy Tuna deviled eggs sound great! I'll have to try that.

I've heard duck eggs are more "buttery" ...true? I've never had them.

Comment

Whenever I intend on making deviled eggs, I cave and just eat the hard boiled eggs as is. I cannot stand waiting for delicious hard boiled eggs. I'm weird.
                    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

Originally posted by GiGiEats View Post
                      I am sure we all have our staple Deviled Eggs recipes, however, today I am sharing three recipes (2 outside of the box ones, and one original, yet made over version of the classic)....

Spicy Tuna Deviled Eggs, Guac/Salsa Deviled Eggs and Classic Deviled Eggs - NO soy oil mayo included, or in fact any mayo included AT ALL!

Not So Devilish Deviled Eggs - GiGi Eats Celebrities

Do share what your favorite deviled egg recipes are!!

[ATTACH]16138[/ATTACH]
                      Nice! I just make avocado deviled eggs sometimes - avocado and lemon juice mixed with the yolk. Yummy. I'm going to try mixing in some salsa and see what happens.

Comment

CrabPlace.com has a bunch of deviled crab recipes like this one:
                        Cambridge Deviled Crab

4 hard-cooked eggs
                        1 cup bread crumbs
                        1 pound backfin crab meat
                        juice of 1 lemon
                        1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
                        2 tablespoons butter, melted
                        4 tablespoons mayonnaise
                        ½ teaspoon salt
                        ½ teaspoon pepper
                        Chop whites and yolks of eggs separately.
                        Mix all other ingredients together in order listed then add eggs.
                        Place in individual shells or baking dishes. Bake in 350-degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
                        Serves 6.

I would substitute gluten-free crumbs and homemade mayo (or maybe use olive oil.) Haven't tried this yet but we can get decent claw meat in the grocery store so it's on the "to make" list.

An easier idea is to just make regular deviled eggs and toss some crab into the mix.
                        Late 50s, post-menopausal, low carb with some dairy, following the 5 Leptin Rules, taking ThyroGold, eating lots o' fiber and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                        X