Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegan diets

Do you think some people can do well health-wise on a vegan diet?

Have you seen coach Tara she is a vegan and seems to do remarkably well on this diet.

http://coachtara.blogspot.com/

On the main page Mark has posted a link to a video where Tara is doing some pushups. Take a look.

I'm always so against anyone going vegan.

Having followed a vegan diet for a bit, I saw that there really is a HUGE range of vegan diets.

If you're someone that is knowledgeable about nutrition and knows what they're eating and what they need to supplement and so forth, a vegan diet can be extremely healthy. There are a number of successful vegan athletes.

But, on the flip side, there is also so much vegan "junk food" out there and cookbooks on how to make vegan cakes, cookies, pizza, etc. Just search youtube for vegan recipes and you'll see a LOT of unhealthy looking vegans showing you how to make that stuff.

It actually is possible to be very healthy from birth to old-age never eating meat, eggs or dairy. But you really need to know what you're doing (and have parents that know what they're doing) or it could do serious harm. A person with "average" knowledge of nutrition ("average" meaning "practically none") switching to a vegan diet and not bothering to learn more about what they were doing would certainly be doing themselves more harm than good. (IMHO)

Comment

Thanks Neo.

It looks like Tara eats real foods not any processed junk.

Comment

Open your mouth looking into a mirror. See those teeth? Omnivorous. I know you can't do the same to inspect your gut, but there again, omnivorous.

The whole idea of vegan is, in my not so humble opinion, anti-natural and flat out weird. As Neo points out, it is not an easy diet to do well on. To pick one person who has managed to do so is not an indicator of how most people will fare.

And speaking of nature, she/he/it has no morals. Life is not sacred. Everything kills to eat, even if eating plants.

Now, will I have those beef short ribs for the Fourth? That is my question of the day. Vegan on the Fourth. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........

Comment

To me the whole Vegan "diet" are agenda is by far a more political/environmental protest. Any vegan whom tries to argue that the whole "vegan is healthiest" thing is nothing is sadly very uninformed and/or ignorant. In fact do I dare say that, vegan is barely a step healthier than the average American Diet. It's less processed foods and chemicals into your body, which is always a good thing. However, from what I understand, disease and chronic illness are at the same rate, if not more rampant, in those who are vegans. Take a look at some vegan blogs out there for proof. Take a look at their pics and 9 times out of 10 if they have been a hardcore vegan (no meat, dairy, etc) for a prolonged time frame they look like death. They're skinny with absolutely no muscle mass, sunken eye sockets, circles under their eyes, terrible skin & hair, etc.

Comment

Yes, I don't think a vegan diet is natural. My point was that Tara looks so good on a vegan diet. She is really strong and seems to have good muscle mass. Perhaps she has the strength to do those movements because she was a gymnast?

Comment

Tara might also be cheating, LOL! Wouldn't be the first time that a natural foods apostle was found in the 7-Eleven grabbing a Snickers........

Comment

I have done a vegan diet, thinking it was the healthiest way for me to live. I was very successful and felt terrific when I ate all vegetables, but it takes a very large quantity of vegetables and constant eating. When this got too hard and I lapsed into pb&j, I couldn't maintain the same kind of health. I'm following the Paleo Diet for Athletes now, with success. This involves a mostly primal diet, with accommodations for workouts--after a hard workout, I'll drink about 700 calories/120g carbs of Accelerade, then I'll eat some carbs for the next hour or so. That's an oversimplification--the book is much more specific, of course.

For me, the best things about the primal diet compared to the vegan diet are how easy it is to find things to eat, and the reduced volume of food going through my GI tract.

Comment

Veganism is now a realistic lifestyle choice.
                  There is a guide for anyone who wants to cut through the mis-information & extreme agendas, to find out the true facts about veganism – from a beginners perspective.
                  Most of all, we want you to walk away from this guide feeling confident about Veganism and your journey to help the animals.
                  For more you can read "The ultimate guide to vegan " http://animal-welfare.org/vegan/ .

Comment

There is a guide for anyone who wants to cut through the mis-information & extreme agendas, to find out the true facts about veganism – from a beginners perspective.
                    Most of all, we want you to walk away from this guide feeling confident about Veganism and your journey to help the animals.
                    For more you can read "The ultimate guide to vegan " http://animal-welfare.org/vegan/ .

Comment

Comment

I like to help animals. I help them out of their skin and on to my plate.

Comment

There are so many ex-vegans (for good reasons).
                          A more interesting question is "what differences did you notice after changing from vegan to primal?"

Comment

will it be useful to take on vegan diets during my pregancy timings ??

Comment

I love Vegan diet especially smoothies the one that good for body building.

Comment

Working...
                              X