This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    aw yay, maybe I don't need surgery after all? I have my appointment on Monday. But its more for the muscle separation as my core strength is crap even after exercises all year from my physio.
    Ill go to the appointment, but just the last few days ive had thoughts of maybe not having the surgery, which is weird for me, because of how much I hate my flap and how much ive been thinking about it.
    I had twins, but my muscles never separated. Thats quite unusual for a twin-mum. It might be the best option to have surgery if you're having issues, I have heard it is extremely hard to ever regain core-strenght with separated muscles. Im sure the PBF-regime wold help, as it strenghtens core, but I'm not sure it would ever fully fix it?

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    oh can you give me a brief breakdown of what you eat in a day? Are you still doing the reset? I will go back, as I am still trying to read that thread.
    The only thing I'm sticking to from the reset is a BAB. But its normally only 20-30 grams protein. I also have a lot more carbs than 25 grams pr day, I average on 50-100 gr daily. If I have too little I feel very fatigued... at this stage with all my work-outs, I really need the carbs. I eat CO off the spoon, probably 2-3 teaspoons pr day. Lunch is smallish, dinner I only eat if I'm hungry (which I have ben a lot lately)! I think I eat 1700-2000 kcals daily. I also do 1-2 24-hour fasts pr week, this is when I really see the tummy coming down. And I never ever snack.

But I stuck to the rx religiously for 8 weeks, it was very important for me in order to actually move forward with all my hormonal issues.
    Last edited by Glamorama; 11-28-2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Glamorama your results are very impressive, congratulations.

Comment

• I really think I do need to do the reset for sure.
        I did a fast the other day for 24 hours and did feel great, and did feel the tummy go down, maybe ill try 1-2 a week as well.
        Is that better to save till after the reset?
        I really need to get reading on all the info, I need to do this!
        I got right down to 81 kg after my first son following CW, but going up and down in my weight. Then got stupid and got all the way back up to 102 kg and got pregnant and gained 15 kg, which came off very slowly, so 18 months to lose another 15 kg is crazy. I know this still might be slow, but I am already feeling amazing. I don't want to be fat anymore

Comment

• yeah the muscles are about 2-3 finger gap. And even sitting up in bed is hard.
          I can do planks with difficultly, but these are what my physio had me doing, it helped a little but I don't think it will close on his own. And when you have a separation when you stand it kind of bulges out so pushes the fat out more.
          My belly seems to go up and down daily and bloody dairy is what is causing me a problem, I need to go cold turkey on that.
          OMG I am doing this, GM can you help me LOL

Comment

I really think I do need to do the reset for sure.
            I did a fast the other day for 24 hours and did feel great, and did feel the tummy go down, maybe ill try 1-2 a week as well.
            Is that better to save till after the reset?
            I really need to get reading on all the info, I need to do this!
            Don't IF until you're done with the reset. I only started 24-hour IFs 3 weeks ago, 4 months after doing the reset.

Comment

• thanks for that, time to get reading
              but short answer:
              50 g protein in the morning
              and 25 g of carbs over the whole day? (I have 25 kg ish to lose).
              No snacking (not even milk/cream in coffee in between) and straight CO is OK if hungry though?

Comment

• ITA - no IF'ing until you know you are leptin sensitive.

I had a diastasis with every child (I have five), and maintained abdominal strength, and eventually the muscles came together, as well. I don't know what all the factors are, but it's not universal that diastasis = core strength gone forever.
                5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Your transformation is incredible too MG!
                  How long did it take the muscles to come together?
                  My youngest is almost 18 months, oldest is 4.

Comment

thanks for that, time to get reading
                    but short answer:
                    50 g protein in the morning
                    and 25 g of carbs over the whole day? (I have 25 kg ish to lose).
                    No snacking (not even milk/cream in coffee in between) and straight CO is OK if hungry though?
                    CO between meals is only okay if you have PCOS. No milk/cream in coffee or tea between meals, but okay with meals. No meals later than 3 hours before bed (this will really help with sleep-quality). Eat yor BAB within 30 min of getting up. The BAB efficiently ended my constant urge to snack, brilliant!

Comment

• I was told before my first I had PCOS, due to blood test results, due to a really irregular cycle and not getting pregnant and I was put on metformin, and while following Weight Watchers, I lost 5 kg and then got a regular cycle and got pregnant.
                      But have not had any of those tests since and do have a regular cycle, so not likely to have PCOS now?

Comment

I was told before my first I had PCOS, due to blood test results, due to a really irregular cycle and not getting pregnant and I was put on metformin, and while following Weight Watchers, I lost 5 kg and then got a regular cycle and got pregnant.
                        But have not had any of those tests since and do have a regular cycle, so not likely to have PCOS now?
                        Not sure, but I guess you can start protocol, and if you really struggle with fatigue and hunger between meals, assume its PCOS, and take some CO. I think you should be okay though, a real BAB keeps you going for hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by hixster View Post
                          Glamorama your results are very impressive, congratulations.
                          Thanks.

Comment

• Ayla2010 I would be interested to hear what the doc says about the surgery for your ab separation. Like how its done etc. My children are 4 and 3 and I still have a 2-3 separation. I dont think its ever going to go away and I do pilates on top of my workouts once a week. Planks I'm good at so I recommend sticking with those. I must agree though it does make my tummy look bigger than it actually is so would be interested in the details. My core is quite good though from doing planks and the pilates so I keep working on it. I also find pushups good for the core.
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

• check with your local hospital about them covering it, if they do in Sydney, they must in Perth, am really hoping they will, but I know it will still be a long wait.

Comment

• Glamorama, you are well on your way (if not already there) to what you say in your signature! Looking pretty close to bikini ready now as far as I can tell.
                                Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

Working...
                                X