Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Caton View Post
    If you indulge in sweets, then certainly choose healthier options like the sweet potatoes, but remember they aren't necessarily low carb. A temporary increase of protein early in the day will quell some of that craving. I am an avowed sugar addict and my experience was that if I satisfied the craving with alternative sweet, the craving intensified. If you yield to the sweet craving, however, be sure to keep the fats away at the same time. Higher protein was my cure.
    I'm with John on this one. You could have a medium sized baked sweet potato with cinnamon. Around 30g of carbs but can really satisfy a sweet craving and are very nutritious. I've found in the past that full fat cottage cheese works well to suppress appetite as does whey protein isolate if you're into smoothies.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with eating sugary things unless you workout to burn those extra calories. I am not overweight now but trying to lose weight so that I look better in appearance. That is why I abstain from eating sugar and sweet things.

Comment

I am also a big foodie but I realized that too much sweets can only bring problems in later stage of my life. In the beginning cutting them is a challenge by adding natural sweets like fresh fruits and vegetables helped me out. Since you consume lot of them in the past it will take time to adjust

Comment

Swap out sweet spices for sugar - use cardamom, cinnamon, allspices, pumpkin pie spice
          Freshly ground pumpkin pie spice made with naturally organic ginger, cinnamon, allspice, star anise & black peppercorns for pancakes, roasted veggies & more!

Comment

Working...
          X